Not a good day for this guy

ranchhopper

On his defense as someone mentioned trailer weren't working.... .Was just wondering if you fellas ever heard...The word out here is 1500 fine for texting in a commercial vehicle.....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

here in Joisey it is a $3800 fine for hand held cell phone use in a commercial vehicle. calls or texting. 

and Bob, as  of 1-03-2012 the federal fine is $2,750, not $1500:

• Drivers who violate the restriction will face federal civil penalties of up to $2,750 for each offense and disqualification from operating a commercial motor vehicle for multiple offenses.
  • Additionally, states will suspend a driver’s commercial driver’s license (CDL) after two or more serious traffic violations.
  • Commercial truck and bus companies that allow their drivers to use hand-held cell phones while driving will face a maximum penalty of $11,000.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I am 110percent against talking on the cell when driving ANYTHING! Statistically talking on the phone is as dangerous as drunk driving! It is perfectly legal to talk on a cell in Fla while driving it is illegal in Connecticut but as near as I can tell they don't enforce it! The big emphasis is on texting as well it should be! but texting in Florida is a secondary offense! Which means an officer has to stop an offender for something else to ticket them for texting! The fine for a first offense is something like 140.00! Slap on the wrist!

Its 100.00 fine in ok but i never hear of anyone getting finned.The problem is its hard for a law officer to go thru your phone toseeif you was on the phone unless he has a reason to do so.I think there should be a way of turnning the phone off if the truck is moving.

I to think the trailer brakes was not working like need be.I run a dump and see alot of trucks which is not fit to be on the road but DOT just dont do that much about them here.

• Like 1

glenn akers

20 hours ago, mowerman said:

On his defense as someone mentioned trailer weren't working.... .Was just wondering if you fellas ever heard...The word out here is 1500 fine for texting in a commercial vehicle.....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

We had two of our pipe drivers get dinged for texting while driving state of Illinois gives companys big points against them for driver committing those offenses. Our shop manager was pretty POed because that raises our insurance rates and gives you a black eye with the state good thing they were friends with the "right people". 

We had a driver hit a car last week, but I don't know the circumstances. It threw this load of steel all over, the front stack hit the headache rack and pushed it up against the back of the cab of the truck.

DSCN8035.thumb.JPG.e455a275d281a0d509c7a76c3d17838f.JPG

I had just complimented the same driver a few weeks ago for having a well secured load.

16807062_10208861028539052_7924005503847520533_n.jpg.dfadd5b9d83f39033084c47652df246a.jpg

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

OD,I saw an old photo from the fifties of a flatbed behind a day cab, had to stop quick with a load of 2 or3" pipe, The driver was sitting up straight at the wheel with a length of pipe thru his head and out the windshield! Best argument I've ever seen for bulkhead or headache rack