1957 Kenworth Hot Rod

41chevy

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I will give the guy credit for his imagination and talent for the work that's been done. But for practicality and value when finished-zero.

This harkins back to the day's of show cars like the Boot Hill Express-pretty worthless and silly. A waste of a 57 KW. IMO

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

Cool to look at and the dude's obviously a craftsman, but I agree with you guys about destroying a rare antique! This from a guy who always thought it'd be cool to reverse the body on an early 50s Studebaker chassis (so the engine would be under the trunk lid) and the thing would look like it was going backwards! There is actually a person in Hernando County Florida who has about a 16 ft wooden rowboat with some kind of a chassis under it ! And they actually drive it around! Of course Florida has no state inspection,so you can(and many do!) Drive almost anything on the highway! This is cool for folks like us who actually work on and maintain our equipment! However the average person,when not forced by law to have their car inspected annually for safety will neglect it until it is unsafe! That's why there are so many vehicles with lights not working!

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

When I was in the auto salvage business they paid me five bucks to haul away a complete corvair or rambler American (because of the weight) so some stroke watches a couple of auctions and they're worth ten grand!

People can afford it and like what ever they buy, be it that K.W. nightmare an AMC, a Corvair ,a Ferrtari or the couple that paid $93,000 for my Challenger, good for them. Their money and they have to live with it.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mineola County Court system , Mineola LI. N.Y.

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

Or Mike Harrah's motor:

It's coming along, this is the first time I've found an updated video from when the dyno video came out:

This stuff was just cool growing up and would love to have something like it:
Boot-Hill-Express-show-rod.jpg

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 7:43 PM, 41chevy said:

Mineola County Court system , Mineola LI. N.Y.

I can still  see  Herman Munster  hanging on to the back of the coffin car(skitchin'-as we called it) as Grandpa  was headed down  the strip!    Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

2 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

I can still  see  Herman Munster  hanging on to the back of the coffin car(skitchin'-as we called it) as Grandpa  was headed down  the strip!    Al  

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE