ranchhopper

Got some paint work done today

33 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

Actually the point at the top is not sharp as the rest I learned to roll the point back a bit so it makes it easier to peel them off by grabbing them with a side cutters they are vinyl so they stick real good.. One other thing I learned is when masking off stripes do both doors at the same time mask a stripe on one then mask the same stripe on the other keeps measurements a lot more accurate.

so that's  how its done ! when it came to the doors I always figured they could never see them both at the same time if I left them on the truck:D I figured  onthe sides of the truck if things were within a 1/2 or so no one besides me would notice the screw up.

I'm glad to hear that the stars are vinyl.......other wise you are way too talented with masking tape:P

Since you are laid off, if you want to vacation in Kansas City I will pay you to paint my dump truck?

Went down to work yesterday and got a door hinge off an old mack redi mix truck in our company retired truck junkyard it was like new nice and tight pretty rare for a top hinge on the drivers door. I made a set of shim plates to use behind the hinges so I could get rid of the washers at least now the doors are shimmed right and it doesn't look like bubba did it. The door opens and shuts good and is straight in the jamb went and ordered a set of new door handles and lock sets for it I'm going to wet sand the cab today so I can maybe get the stripes done too.

1 person likes this