ranchhopper

Got some paint work done today

34 posts in this topic

Pimpmobile

Wow beautiful work .my man thanks for sharing excellent....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

If I wasn't so poor and could afford to buy a selection of paint I probably would have done the interior in red like the roof but the last time I bought red by the gallon it was almost 280 dollars. The best part of painting today is it rained last night and we had no dust today the doors were painted outside in the driveway and with a south west wind all the overspray blew out across the pasture land next door.

Edited by ranchhopper
1 person likes this

this weather sure is something! 70 tomorrow in February! Amazing...unless you depend on snow to plow

Paint looks great!

Nice work looks the bomb man I bet you can't quit walking out there and staring at it..Lol.bob

Yes I do I still cant get used to the cab being painted it sat all winter in the garage stripped of paint. I have been finishing up firewood and yard work and kept walking by it then it hit me its warm enough to get this thing on its way to being finished.

Yes I do I still cant get used to the cab being painted it sat all winter in the garage stripped of paint. I have been finishing up firewood and yard work and kept walking by it then it hit me its warm enough to get this thing on its way to being finished.

I heeeeeeeeeeee ya I've been staring at my DM for 23 years hoping for any improvement.....Lol......bob

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I heeeeeeeeeeee ya I've been staring at my DM for 23 years hoping for any improvement.....Lol......bob

Your waiting for the proper patina/aging affect before you clear coat it.  

1 person likes this

I have to get the doors back on it and adjusted then I can wet sand it and mask off the stripes then hit it with some clear.

Doing a fabulous job lets keep it up.bob

Wow those things are very rare I got a bunch of chrome ones I haven't seen gold since the 60,s models .. with that paint job I think they would look the bomb man....bob

Besides bow thing on the little goodies after all the hard work is always the fun part or one of the fun parts lol have a ball... bob

Besides bolting on the little goodies after all the hard work is always the fun part or one of the fun parts lol have a ball... bob

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Wow those things are very rare I got a bunch of chrome ones I haven't seen gold since the 60,s models .. with that paint job I think they would look the bomb man....bob

I have a couple never mounted sets one for the mirrors and I will use the other set for the doors I measured out where they are positioned on the doors from an old R-600 sitting out in our company junkyard.

They definitely look good I have them on my DM nice little touch

That color  looks great keep posting soon you ll be working  and no time for your ride

Painted the doors today got to wet sand and clear them tomorrow I will post pics of them tomorrow.

back masking for stripes is challenge enough for me, I applaud  you for getting the star layout to appear perfect!  I wouldn't have been lucky enough to have all the points of the stars stay "stuck" and would of had a screw up some where!......trucks looking good! 

16 minutes ago, gearhead204 said:

back masking for stripes is challenge enough for me, I applaud  you for getting the star layout to appear perfect!  I wouldn't have been lucky enough to have all the points of the stars stay "stuck" and would of had a screw up some where!......trucks looking good! 

Actually the point at the top is not sharp as the rest I learned to roll the point back a bit so it makes it easier to peel them off by grabbing them with a side cutters they are vinyl so they stick real good.. One other thing I learned is when masking off stripes do both doors at the same time mask a stripe on one then mask the same stripe on the other keeps measurements a lot more accurate.

Edited by ranchhopper
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

Had time to clearcoat the doors today most of the day yesterday was devoted to wet sanding and masking the doors to get the colors right heres what the doors came out like. Thanks to the 20 mile an hour wind today these will have to be wet sanded and buffed out to get all the little pieces of airborne crap out of them that's a reflection in the first picture between the door handle opening and hole for the lock not a massive run as it appears to be.

I bought a down draft booth cheap at a body shop auction and even with that I manage to get a bug doing the dance of death across the most visible area . . .guaranteed. Yours came out excellent!

1 person likes this