China market Ford Cargo heavy tractor arrives

kscarbel2

Commercial Vehicle World  /  February 14, 2017

In a February 14 declaration by China’s Ministry of Industry on motor vehicle production, four version of Ford’s new China market Cargo heavy tractor were revealed including two 4x2 and two 6x4 variants.

Model                          Configuration

SXQ4180J1A2D5       4x2

SXQ4180J1A3D5       4x2

SXQ4250J4A2D5       6x4

SXQ4250J4A3D5       6x4

The trucks, produced by JMC Heavy-Duty Vehicle Company, the heavy truck joint venture of JMC and Ford Motor Company, wears the JMC badge. Ford holds a 32 percent stake in the joint venture.

The trucks are powered by JMC model JX6D 9- and 13-liter engines, based on Ford’s Ecotorq engines and produced under license.

Developed under the code name J19, the China market Cargo has a dramatically different front fascia. The JMV version has a fuller frontal appearance. With clearer edges and corners, the boundaries between the chassis and cab are more evident, giving the JMC version an improved appearance.

The grille is entirely different from Ford Otosan’s global market version. Whereas the Cargo focuses on the bottom half of the front fascia, the JMC version focused more traditionally on the upper half of the fascia. The headlamps, and the location of the logo, are also different.

The Euro-5 emissions 9-litre engine, rated at 365 horsepower (265kW), is designated JX6D09.365A5. Declared fuel consumption is 39.8L / 100km.

The Euro-5 emissions 13-litre engines, available in 390 (284kW) and 420 (306kW) horsepower ratings, are designated JX6D13.390A5 and JX6D13.420A5. Declared fuel consumption is 39.6L / 100km and 39.7L / 100km respectively.

Dimensions of the 6x4 tractors are (LxWxH): 6920 mm × 2550 mm × 3520/3610/3960 mm. Curb weights range from 9.12 to 9.82 metric tons.

Dimensions of the 4x2 tractors are (LxWxH): 5925 mm × 2550 mm × 3520/3610/3960 mm. Curb weights range from 7.05 to 7.67 metric tons

Standard tire choices are 16-ply 12R22.5 or 16-ply 315/80R22.5.

Both ABS braking and GPS are standard.

A full aerodynamics package is an available option.

image 5.jpg

image 6.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 4.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 1.jpg

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

My god they'll never make it!  Air horns on the roof!   Deduct .00016 MPG!  Almost as bad as stand alone turn signals that are clearly visible and don't get lost in the glare of headlights!

Bob, roof-mounted air horns are not common in China. They're typically only seen on show trucks. Typically, air horns are mounted out of sight behind the bumper.

Electric and air horns are controlled by the same steering wheel horn button (The air horn valve is electrically actuated). There's a switch on the dash allowing you to choose one or the other.

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

Bob, roof-mounted air horns are not common in China. They're typically only seen on show trucks. Typically, air horns are mounted out of sight behind the bumper.

Electric and air horns are controlled by the same steering wheel horn button (The air horn valve is electrically actuated). There's a switch on the dash allowing you to choose one or the other.

I hear you Kevin on the horns.  I assume the install is much cheaper bolting to the bumper plus no worries about roof penetrations leaking.  But did I read correctly that Mack was offering an option for a roof mounted lanyard?  Horns still behind bumper but driver's ego is saved when a kid gives him the arm pumping motion!  Hah-when I was working my way through school I drove a Binder dump truck  Truck was registered for 24,000 gross and I used to CARRY 12 ton of asphalt or graded base. Juice brakes so when kids would give me the "horn motion" I would reach up to roof like I was tugging on something while tapping the horn button on steering wheel!  Kids beside the road and bigger kid driving the truck!

As for the JMC Cargo I would have to believe that body work is a bit more expensive than the Otosan version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

360 Truck  /  April 19, 2017

The Ford Cargo-based JMV heavy truck made its market debut at the 17th Shanghai international auto show on April 17.

The China market Ford Cargo, wearing the JMC badge, utilizes Ford heavy truck technology including its engine, cab and chassis. The truck is positioned opposite the market’s leading heavy truck competition.

The China market Ford Cargo utilizes locally produced FUWA lightweight drive axles. FUWA has received Ford's Q1 quality certification.

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 4.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
57 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Serious stack of front springs-unique sway bar ??  Underide protection all the way around-didn't think they were that into the safety aspect.  How much of these trucks Kevin is unique to these china built units vs the Otosan/Brazil Crgos??

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Serious stack of front springs-unique sway bar ??  Underide protection all the way around-didn't think they were that into the safety aspect.  How much of these trucks Kevin is unique to these china built units vs the Otosan/Brazil Crgos??

There's quite a bit of massaging Bob. And most of the parts were resourced from within China.

• 10 months later...