1981 F-700 test truck

barbe

On 2/25/2017 at 2:09 PM, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Hostess was a 99% COE fleet until the mid 80s when conventionals started creeping in. Many of the drivers preferred the old cabovers and hung on to them 'til they were scrapped despite being offered new conventionals. Same at UPS, I remember high seniority drivers who hung on to the MHs until they were scrapped.

I remember seeing co emeryvilles  64-65 yr mdls  still at ups in the early 90s

They still had some Astros at UPS in Minnesota in the early 90s, but the F models and Diamonds were gone, and I've never seen a UPS Emeryville in the midwest. I think rust did in the steel cabs in the rust belt, last of the 60s Mack F models were gone from the Hostess fleet by 1980, but I've heard they still had a few running out of the Dallas bakery in the late 80s.

15 minutes ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

They still had some Astros at UPS in Minnesota in the early 90s, but the F models and Diamonds were gone, and I've never seen a UPS Emeryville in the midwest. I think rust did in the steel cabs in the rust belt, last of the 60s Mack F models were gone from the Hostess fleet by 1980, but I've heard they still had a few running out of the Dallas bakery in the late 80s.

would have been in indiana & ill on the turnpike   I have a pic somewhere taken on the indy pike of 3 in a row with turnpike doubles taken in  1992 they caught my attn. because at one time I had 5 emeryvilles