Run the valves

Moparmike

Question

10 answers to this question

Also replace the short injector lines from the unit pumps to the injectors. That'll save headaches down the road. I also replace the fuel return line at the same time. That's just a plastic line that runs from the front of the heads to the bottom of the block. They are prone for wearing through. It'll all cost about $1500 but you'll have a million Mile rig and maintain power and economy. 

8 hours ago, Moparmike said:

Thanks guys ..injector look like there not very old 1 new line on back from injector to line..what's the oil of choice for macks ..I use Rotella in my cummins ..

I run Rotella 15-40 ONLY

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Can't say enough about Rotella 15/40! My diesel mechanic cousin recommended it to me in 1978 and I've used it in every internal combustion engine I've owned except for two Corrolas my wife bought new that required  5/30 and ow20 to preserve the warranty!

23 hours ago, Underdog said:

Not gonna start an argument about oil, but had bad experience with rotella in my E9 years ago, switched to Mobil Delvac and been running that with good results in all my Macks ever since. Buy a good quality name brand and stick with it.

Chevy?  Ford?  Dodge?

Mercury?  Yamaha?  Suzuki?  Evinrude?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian