Mack Website

Collectors  item Now ! Bud Its going to be worth millions in twenty years  or so if your willing to wait! :D

Funny thing is the Volvo site hasn't removed the D16 we Will have to c how this unfolds!

Edited by fjh

Speaking of Mack/Volvo corporate. I spent most of last week fighting with them over specing out my good friends new GU. They finally did come out and say why the customer can't have it the way he wants it but it was like pulling teeth. Long story short , Mack makes a 505A just for Allison trans. We try to order it in a GU , . It gets denied. Come to find out the GU's radiator is to small to support the 505 and a Allison with the big heat exchanger on the back of it. However if your in Canada or Alaska you can order it. You can get the combo in a CHU but they wouldn't let us get a steer axle bigger than 12.5k. Customer was not happy however he order one any way that matches his 2016 GU 455/Allison except the new one will have the common rail motor. So far the common rail engines that we have sold have not returned with any issues, were keeping our fingers crossed. My friend has 2 CV's and this GU. Keeps them pretty clean. I spent a few days tinkering on it with some part upgrades and adjustments. 

IMG_7080.JPG

Mack pro good detective work- mack pro and fjh keep up the good work-Guys like you keep the Mack name alive. Can't offer a radiator in a Granite for a 505- Give me a break. Can't offer bigger than a 12,000 lb front axle in a ch, again give me a break. 14 & 20's come down the same assembly line at the chassis assembler for granites. When the T-800's needed a bigger radiator they changed the hood to accommodate.

5 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

Mack pro good detective work- mack pro and fjh keep up the good work-Guys like you keep the Mack name alive. Can't offer a radiator in a Granite for a 505- Give me a break. Can't offer bigger than a 12,000 lb front axle in a ch, again give me a break. 14 & 20's come down the same assembly line at the chassis assembler for granites. When the T-800's needed a bigger radiator they changed the hood to accommodate.

You can get a 505 in a GU with a M drive or a manual trans but no can do with the Allison . Big differences in the thermostat housing and cooling piping on a MP engine when you got a Allison trans. However this truck with the 455/ Allison and Mack 4.19 rears works really well on and off road.