2000 mack e7 motor

Moparmike

Pick my dump truck up yesterday drove about 50 miles bolt broke out in last injector it popped out..you guys think it's possible to drill out and time sert it in the truck with no problems. Maybe remove the turbo and exhaust down piping..

I see its a lot of pressure on those injectors I tried to push it back in no luck about a 1/4 wouldn't go ...

11 hours ago, Moparmike said:

Thanks guys any other stuff to look out for on this ..I'm new to mack have had a few others still have a fld freightliner 

Nope THE RD is a tough unit Cams sometimes fail Rocker bolts sometimes break on the newer engines with power leash! I recommend replacing ALL the unit pump bolts if you got the bucks Get the proper bolts from the dealer!

• Like 2

Thanks guys any other stuff to look out for on this ..I'm new to mack have had a few others still have a fld freightliner 

OK guys I need some help here ..however worked on this injector before made a mess ..how to fix it now..I'm thinking time sert..I'm open to all suggestions..I have 1 more thought but it's extreme lol..

20170130_094303.jpeg

49 minutes ago, terry said:

Weld a nut on it and back out.    terry

Sorry guys the picture is a little deceiving it's broken off about 1inch in the hole treads are gone looks like someone tried to get it out before and this is what left of there mess ..my new mess ..

7 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

If you have never drilled broken bolts out than dont start  on this.This can be done but dont use one of the cheap easy outs.For the price of a block it would be good for you to get some one who has done this.

Ohhhh yes your right it's in a shop ..we've been discussing our options cause I need it done right..we've used time sert on cylinder head on race cars so I was thinking it should be able to keep this in place...

I had a stud that holds the axle flange on a rear drum broken  off about 1 inch down in. I took it to a local weld shop and the welder started with a wire welder and built the stud up to the top . Next he welded a nut on top. After it cooled he said everything came out using a pair of pliers . I do not have the skill to weld like this but thought if I ever wanted to try it maybe using a copper sleeve to protect the threads might work. Like Underdog said it works. I think the welding shrinks the metal.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys put about 2500 miles on my truck running great ..this morning same problem going to work same injector broke 2 new studs ..what's going on here..I'm hoping that I can just screw the Olds 2 out this time and replace with new grade 8 bolts again but this is crazy ..any thing I should look for to cause this problem..