My first post, New guy here

Crazy About Macks

Long gone?

Ever considered spending a couple months in the Arizona desert preparing a 1961 Boeing 707 to make a thirty five minute flight after having been mothballed for thirty-two years and YOU are one of the three guys who make that ferry flight?

Seems like $600 is dirt cheap for a hard nose DM when Combs is gonna get their goin rate for their steel repop of said nose. But I'ma betting if it were a B83SX in the same shape for six large, several Mack nuts would be all all over it. Maybe an ole' L model, perhaps? That DM will soon be that B83 as generations keep doing what generations tend to do and the rarest of the rare R models dry up.

Characterizing any Mack as a "Critter, denigrates the historical significance of the previous one hundred sixteen years.

HUGE difference between a critter and a bulldog. Cute, that English Bulldogs are.

That truck don't sell, it'll be scrapped or sit for a decade of Sundays under the Montana Sun. 

And therein, is my right proper, introduction.

7 minutes ago, Crazy About Macks said:

Long gone?

Ever considered spending a couple months in the Arizona desert preparing a 1961 Boeing 707 to make a thirty five minute flight after having been mothballed for thirty-two years and YOU are one of the three guys who make that ferry flight?

Seems like $600 is dirt cheap for a hard nose DM when Combs is gonna get their goin rate for their steel repop of said nose. But I'ma betting if it were a B83SX in the same shape for six large, several Mack nuts would be all all over it. Maybe an ole' L model, perhaps? That DM will soon be that B83 as generations keep doing what generations tend to do and the rarest of the rare R models dry up.

Characterizing any Mack as a "Critter, denigrates the historical significance of the previous one hundred sixteen years.

HUGE difference between a critter and a bulldog. Cute, that English Bulldogs are.

That truck don't sell, it'll be scrapped or sit for a decade of Sundays under the Montana Sun. 

And therein, is my right proper, introduction.

my friend I think you missed my point altogether

I am remiss and stand corrected. Is there not $600 in parts in what you see in the ad, friend of mine?

Done my time in Norfolk but out here, relatively rust free anything tends to be what winds up being shipped back to Virginia. 

Admittedly, I am off on the wrong foot here already. I'm the FNG and as such, am obliged to bow my head for some undermined amount of time to "pay my dues." You have your Mack history, I have my own. 

I simply posted a link to an ad for an old Dog. Now, I intend to buy that thing just because.

What, precisely, was your point?

100 point trailer queens are few and far between. You can find $600 F250's all day long. A $600 steel-nosed DM comes along and suddenly we've got to armchair quarterback the thing?

I guess I just took offense to throwing a link out there only to see your comments when neither of us have even put eyes on the truck. 

Really?

29 minutes ago, Crazy About Macks said:

I am remiss and stand corrected. Is there not $600 in parts in what you see in the ad, friend of mine?

Done my time in Norfolk but out here, relatively rust free anything tends to be what winds up being shipped back to Virginia. 

Admittedly, I am off on the wrong foot here already. I'm the FNG and as such, am obliged to bow my head for some undermined amount of time to "pay my dues." You have your Mack history, I have my own. 

I simply posted a link to an ad for an old Dog. Now, I intend to buy that thing just because.

What, precisely, was your point?

100 point trailer queens are few and far between. You can find $600 F250's all day long. A $600 steel-nosed DM comes along and suddenly we've got to armchair quarterback the thing?

I guess I just took offense to throwing a link out there only to see your comments when neither of us have even put eyes on the truck. 

Really?

my point was intended to mean     at 600.00 someone has already bought it for scrap or for parts and that ad had just not been removed . it was posted more than a month ago

• Like 1