W...T...F...

RowdyRebel

Just a week ago, I saw an Avalanche(you know, 4dr with little bed on the back that is covered), with a mattress strapped to the roof.  Seems their "truck" wasn't much of a truck when you can't haul anything with it.

I do have to comment.  The "mini" truck has been around since, what?  the 70's?  The Datsun, Chevy Luv, ranger, S10.  All great, but I agree, not what you would call "truck of the year".  But I suppose it is all in WHO you ask.  Kinda like the last election?

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The word "Truck" is a misnomer when applied to that yuppiefied car with a bed! Ever notice that the media always uses the word Truck when there is an accident involving a pickup!? The growing anti truck sentiment in America guarantees that when the word truck is used (especially when the pickup is at fault) the readers or listeners will pay more attention to the broadcast! Some of you who run Kentucky will remember when that drunken asshole in the Toyota pickup caused the crash that burned all those kids to death in the school bus,The state put up a memorial sign calling it a "truck bus" crash The actual truckers of America protested until they changed the sign to read "pickup bus crash" good for them!

• Like 2

41 always amuses me to watch people period! But on the subject of protecting the stupid,how about the vehicles that apply the brakes when it "sees" a potential hazard and steers you back into your lane when you are too distracted,impaired,or incompetent to keep a car in its lane! And the "parking assist" feature (available on a new 12 second camaro) lol😁 Did you see the shirt the British mechanic wears on Wheeler Dealers? Says " don't argue with stupid"! Love it! The problem is these devices are govt mandated on new vehicles after a certain year,so you pay more to have them,and it's several more devices to go wrong! And they already are! I'd like a device that causes a phone to explode when you use it when driving or texting😁

• Like 2

Freightrain,I believe the Avalanche was voted the ugliest vehicle of the millennium,so what can you expect! At some point hopefully after we are all gone infants will drop out of the womb clutching a smart phone! They already have them when they swim the Rio Grande!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyT said:

The word "Truck" is a misnomer when applied to that yuppiefied car with a bed! Ever notice that the media always uses the word Truck when there is an accident involving a pickup!? The growing anti truck sentiment in America guarantees that when the word truck is used (especially when the pickup is at fault) the readers or listeners will pay more attention to the broadcast! Some of you who run Kentucky will remember when that drunken asshole in the Toyota pickup caused the crash that burned all those kids to death in the school bus,The state put up a memorial sign calling it a "truck bus" crash The actual truckers of America protested until they changed the sign to read "pickup bus crash" good for them!

It really pisses me off when people call pickups "trucks". I've got a brother in law that says this, every visit we have to argue about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

Don't be bad-mouthing the mini-trucks! I guarantee my little '86 Ranger (4-banger/5-speed) has probably hauled more weight in the bed and towed bigger trailers than 75% of the folks running around in their mall-crawler jacked up 3/4 and 1-ton diesel pickups with the stacks in the bed and the nuts hanging from the seldom (if ever) used trailer hitch. Body on frame construction with and actual bed. Hell, BOTH my Rangers (have an '86 and a '92) have bigger beds (7') than most of the new "full size" trucks sold these days that sacrifice bed space for interior cab space without stretching the wheel base out. Hell, the mega-cab dodge only has what, a 4' bed? That isn't a full-size truck. That's an upsized Explorer Sport Track. At least Ford got that much right...kept the Explorer badge on that useless little quad-cab "truck" instead of calling it a Ranger.

A full-size pickup should have an 8' bed. If not, it isn't "full size". If you need a bigger cab, the wheelbase and overall length needs to be bigger to keep the 8' bed...otherwise, you don't have a "full size" pickup. Short beds on pickup trucks just look silly and are useless. Of course my buddy with the body shop LOVES the short-bed 3/4 and 1-ton truck trend...people that TRY to use them like a real truck and pull a gooseneck or 5th wheel tend to blow out the rear window if they have even a momentary brain fart maneuvering around corners and such when the trailer gets into the back of the cab. Oops. Hope that wasn't one of those fancy power sliding windows, 'cuz they are extra pricey.:thumb:

There are mini trucks and a glorified car with a small cargo "bed". The Ranger, Dakota, Comanche and such are / were real  trucks. even the Rabbit Pick up could carry a good load ,not like these posers.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

With the tool box in the bed of my F250's 8 foot bed, my '92 Ranger has just as much cubic feet of space in the bed...a little longer, but a little narrower...but still enough to haul an assembled kitchen table and 6 chairs. No tailgate on it, so a 4x8 sheet of anything just tips sideways and lays over one bedside. The F250 also has the gooseneck ball in the bed that prevents anything from being layed flat in the bed. Got to put the nose against the box and the tail up over the tailgate.  My '86 Ranger has a 5.5' wide by 7.5' long wood flatbed on it...so it's the only thing I've got that a 4x8 sheet of plywood or sheet rock would lay flat in/on...so I guess by your standards, it's the only real truck I've got. F250 still gets the job done, though...

Problem with the short beds is once you put the tool box in, you've lost yet ANOTHER 2' of bed space...

IMG_20151210_142135.jpg

IMG_20150621_193454.jpg

IMG_20160730_202814.jpg

IMG_20140516_124509.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!