Congrats on the steal deal !

The truck looks nice and the idea with lights is neat indeed.

Good luck on bringing Mack to better condition!

BTW you can always relax for a bit during the work with a can of cold coke.

Vlad

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Congrats on the steal deal !

The truck looks nice and the idea with lights is neat indeed.

Good luck on bringing Mack to better condition!

BTW you can always relax for a bit during the work with a can of cold coke.

Vlad

:thumb:

Stopped drinking soda about a year ago except when mixing a little coke with Jack Daniels.  It was doing some bad things to me.
As for the coke machine, I'm thinking there are plenty of canned alcoholic beverages that can be kept cold in there B)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I love coke don't drink it much cause of age calories.and teeth issues lol...bob

22 minutes ago, mowerman said:

And yes merry Christmas 🙌🙌🙌

The coke thing... there are a few reason I had to quit... 

After my first middle-east deployment I started popping out kidney stones.  Soda/Coke/Pop didn't help the situation.  

Didn't like feeling like my teeth were rotting away.

Didn't like the extra pounds it was causing in the mid section.

A few times a year I run marathons.  When training, coke is your enemy.

And yes... Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Happy Tuesday my new found Mack friends!  1sm218coffee2_zps6d0467cf.gif

Sounds petty but one of the first things I want to do is replace the hood ornament.  Well that and cab horns.  Looks like someone stole the one on Nellie (had to give her a name) and broke it off in the process.  The dog was taken from the right side of the hood also.  

You know, I get why people take these things.  Don't agree with it and I HATE THIEVES!  But why continue trying to take something when it won't give, only to break it? 

Zero_zps9vjcbhhs.jpg

The hood ornament will be a longed ear dog with a chest patent number of 87931.  May be able to score a nice one of fleabay as well as the side dogs. Brand new side dogs can be purchased at Watt's Mack who owns this forum.  The hood ornament dog base shows up from time to time also.

http://www.wattstruckcenter.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_67&product_id=100

http://www.wattstruckcenter.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_73&product_id=111

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Happy Tuesday my new found Mack friends!  1sm218coffee2_zps6d0467cf.gif

Sounds petty but one of the first things I want to do is replace the hood ornament.  Well that and cab horns.  Looks like someone stole the one on Nellie (had to give her a name) and broke it off in the process.  The dog was taken from the right side of the hood also.  

You know, I get why people take these things.  Don't agree with it and I HATE THIEVES!  But why continue trying to take something when it won't give, only to break it? 

Zero_zps9vjcbhhs.jpg

It's not really petty we all do that first lol...bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Welcome, from another Nashville Cat. Born and raised up in Flatrock,near Woodbine. Lived mostly around the airport area. Merry Christmas and have fun with the Mack.

Nice to know there's someone local.  
Was in near your neck of the woods today near Rivergate.

Here's what I have for transmission so far.  Since someone's removed what looks to be the E brake and maybe a second shifter?, you guys will know more about this than I by the photos.
1%2085_zpstdq3yknh.jpg

Why is there an open spot under the shifter knob?  Splitter control?
1%2088_zpscj48r6yi.jpg

1%2086_zpsrcrvhbxj.jpg

1%2087_zpsloo2daxq.jpg

Left side of the transmission.
1%2071%20trans_zpscgmog6l3.jpg

1%2072%20trans_zpsnlmwfz5y.jpg

The unishift I had runs on a cable from up and down position ..didnt really care for it mine used to hangup on nuetral alot.I've got a book on transmission and engine let me know it you need the information if nobody else speaks up

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd check in.  
No progress has been made on the truck.  Still sitting in the corner of our driveway with LED Christmas lights on it that come on at dusk.  Knew it would be awhile before tinkering around and trying to get it running.  Itching to get started.

nice score, this is why i try not to go to auctions.....lol i already have too much stuff around that i don't have time to work on. i probably would have out bid you on that truck...lol look forward to watching some progress on it

• Like 1

What's everyone using for batteries in their B models?
Four 6v batteries or has someone come up with a better, more economical alternative?
Preference is to keep it a 6 volt system.  
My truck doesn't have anything in either of the battery trays.  And the existing cables, what's left of them, are in terribly rough shape.
I'm assuming it was, and still is, a 6 volt positive ground system.

*I have been doing some diagram studying from what forum members have posted.  Thank you for sharing the info.  It's helping me learn.