Started making door panels for my trucks

Want to do my B ? They look excellent!  Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't forget to reproduce the lower corner split on the bottoms of the door panels.

Those areas are straight against the cab reinforcement plates and really tight.

I got my door unable to close with the newly fabricated panel because the upholstery guy "slacked" on the size of the "triangle" and made it less than it should be.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Great job! If your interested I have a custom red leather interior out of a truck I put a cab on for a guy that is about the same color as what your doing. I'll never use it it but it was to nice to throw away. It just needed cleaned up. I do have some pictures if your interested.

Josh 

Edited by Yoos Brothers Construction

5 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

Great job! If your interested I have a custom red leather interior out of a truck I put a cab on for a guy that is about the same color as what your doing. I'll never use it it but it was to nice to throw away. It just needed cleaned up. I do have some pictures if your interested.

Josh 

I'd be interested in some pictures of that and condition and price

8 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Vlad is right about the corner triangle on the panel. The doors are a bitch to shut if that's not cut out. 

My doors are not pulled in that tight to have a problem with that if the doors are in that far you get squeaks and rattles from the mirror bolts hitting the steel inside edge of the cab. I have new door seals and when I put them in they were cemented in just a bit farther out so there is no need to pull the door in to far.

On 14.12.2016 at 3:59 PM, ranchhopper said:

My doors are not pulled in that tight to have a problem with that if the doors are in that far you get squeaks and rattles from the mirror bolts hitting the steel inside edge of the cab. I have new door seals and when I put them in they were cemented in just a bit farther out so there is no need to pull the door in to far.

When a door is installed properly the upper mirror bracket bolts passes the cab inside edge being a bit higher. You can see them from the inside of a cab if look into the gap right above the door top. I haven't refreshed the rubber seals on my cab so far but have the doors about 10 mm out along the rear edge relating to the cab side wall. Almost can not get them deeper regardless I would like to. Having them in that position the distance between the inner surface of the door and the cab corner reinforsment is less than 10 mm. I'd say something between 1/4 and 3/8 talking with SAE lexicone.

When I got the door panel from the upholstery shop the first thing I did was just put it into the door opening and than a try to close the door. After an hour of tinkering and suffering the panel went back to the shop together with a additional piece of material to be done totaly new once again..  

Interesting that the diamond quilt stuff you used on your doors is the same as I have on my sleeper interior panels. With the only exception mine is blue. Nothing of a surprize with that fact since my sleepers are Canadian built.

I like the way your door panels look. Hope you will not get the issue with the cab skird as I did.

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Interesting that the diamond quilt stuff you used on your doors is the same as I have on my sleeper interior panels. With the only exception mine is blue. Nothing of a surprize with that fact since my sleepers are Canadian built.

I like the way your door panels look. Hope you will not get the issue with the cab skird as I did.

If I run into problems with the corner of the door panel I can peel the vinyl back and remove the foam backing from the corner.

That's what I originally said to the guys, to not put foam into the triangle. But they made that triangle a bit less than required (they didn't have the cab, the old panel only as a sample). And when I put the panel in place the seam which connected triangle to the main panel area appeared thick enough to not allow the door to close.

http://www.perfectfit.com/15347/154532/Chipboard-Car-Panelboard/Kraft-Tan-Waterproof-Panelboard.html Heres where I bought the cardboard I got the diamond quilted vinyl came from two vendors on ebay. I took a back panel apart for a pattern and now I use it to trace out the new ones as I did with the door panels and headliners.

• Like 1