Gus #9 1946 The Road to Life Once Again

TDBach

You are funny 😂 Mike...As a matter of fact I need to drop a few pounds to fit comfortably in that tiny little cab with a passenger... how on earth did two crewmen ride in those things all day long?  It rides like an old log wagon!   I was going to be ambitious and drive her out to Mn but I think the trailer and an old diesel truck is calling her name!  Keep the good humor Mike :) 

• Like 1

Myself and quite a few others wish we could be there in person to see grandma's face!  Closest we've ever gotten to N Dak was Sturges many, many years ago before the posers took over. Looking forward to the video.

Look in my gallery here and see if you'd tackle my AC Crane carriers. :)  Took me a year to weld up all the cracks on one chassis. Want to do it, Ill bring cookies and milk..:lol:

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

18 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Myself and quite a few others wish we could be there in person to see grandma's face!  Closest we've ever gotten to N Dak was Sturges many, many years ago before the posers took over. Looking forward to the video.

Look in my gallery here and see if you'd tackle my AC Crane carriers. :)  Took me a year to weld up all the cracks on one chassis. Want to do it, Ill bring cookies and milk..:lol:

Ha!  Bring Jack Daniels and Coke...drink of choice it is!   I will check out your AC Crane carrier!     

Tracy

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, TDBach said:

You are funny 😂 Mike...As a matter of fact I need to drop a few pounds to fit comfortably in that tiny little cab with a passenger... how on earth did two crewmen ride in those things all day long?  It rides like an old log wagon!   I was going to be ambitious and drive her out to Mn but I think the trailer and an old diesel truck is calling her name!  Keep the good humor Mike :) 

I'm leaving the weight thing alone. To be perfectly honest about those drivers, most were skinny back in the day and people made it work or they were looking for some other means of work. I look back at photos of family and friends to find everybody was thin as a picket fence in those days except for some  older ones. We did not eat very much and the metabolism was working overtime. LOL

Sure wish it could work better today. LOL cause i'm about 35 lbs. over the hill. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TDBach said:

Ha!  Bring Jack Daniels and Coke...drink of choice it is!   I will check out your AC Crane carrier!     

Tracy

I'm not allowed to drink...last time I did,(in 1975), I fell up the stairs holding the keys and registration to my wifes new Corvette. Unfortunatly I left the house with her new El Dorado. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey, now I think I could use one of those tissues. She seems stunned and hardly knows what to say or do. I'm sure that I would be the same way. Thanks for sharing such a fine family and a wonderful rebuild come true. Hope all have a great summer enjoying Ole Gus. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VALS327 said:

Congratulations on accomplishing your goal and ahead of schedule. It has been enjoyable to watch from beginning to end.

Don

Thank you Don...my grandma stated "I'm so happy old Gus is safe"   she told someone else that she honestly thought we scrapped the old truck.   It was worth all of the hard work, just to see her react this way.

Tracy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TDBach said:

Thank you Don...my grandma stated "I'm so happy old Gus is safe"   she told someone else that she honestly thought we scrapped the old truck.   It was worth all of the hard work, just to see her react this way.

Tracy

That smile on her face says it all.  Mission accomplished and well done. We all enjoyed taking the journey with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had 3 hours to sleep this morning when I found your posting.  Lets just say I spent a good chunk of it reading and watching your videos. Your a beautiful girl, you have a beautiful truck, and a beautiful story!     Like others have said you did a terrific job and have a lot to be proud of!     

Edited by Hobert62
  • Like 1