TDBach

Gus #9 1946 The Road to Life Once Again

2 hours ago, TDBach said:

37 ha! 

Noo Waay. I saw you sitting in ole Gus. You could not touch the floor or pedals, with your feet.

• Like 1

You are funny 😂 Mike...As a matter of fact I need to drop a few pounds to fit comfortably in that tiny little cab with a passenger... how on earth did two crewmen ride in those things all day long?  It rides like an old log wagon!   I was going to be ambitious and drive her out to Mn but I think the trailer and an old diesel truck is calling her name!  Keep the good humor Mike :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Myself and quite a few others wish we could be there in person to see grandma's face!  Closest we've ever gotten to N Dak was Sturges many, many years ago before the posers took over. Looking forward to the video.

Look in my gallery here and see if you'd tackle my AC Crane carriers. :)  Took me a year to weld up all the cracks on one chassis. Want to do it, Ill bring cookies and milk..:lol:

Ha!  Bring Jack Daniels and Coke...drink of choice it is!   I will check out your AC Crane carrier!     

Tracy

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, TDBach said:

You are funny 😂 Mike...As a matter of fact I need to drop a few pounds to fit comfortably in that tiny little cab with a passenger... how on earth did two crewmen ride in those things all day long?  It rides like an old log wagon!   I was going to be ambitious and drive her out to Mn but I think the trailer and an old diesel truck is calling her name!  Keep the good humor Mike :) 

I'm leaving the weight thing alone. To be perfectly honest about those drivers, most were skinny back in the day and people made it work or they were looking for some other means of work. I look back at photos of family and friends to find everybody was thin as a picket fence in those days except for some  older ones. We did not eat very much and the metabolism was working overtime. LOL

Sure wish it could work better today. LOL cause i'm about 35 lbs. over the hill. 

• Like 1

jack and coke over cookies and milk?? 

i like your choice of "refreshment"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TDBach said:

Ha!  Bring Jack Daniels and Coke...drink of choice it is!   I will check out your AC Crane carrier!     

Tracy

I'm not allowed to drink...last time I did,(in 1975), I fell up the stairs holding the keys and registration to my wifes new Corvette. Unfortunatly I left the house with her new El Dorado. Paul

• Like 1

Congratulations on accomplishing your goal and ahead of schedule. It has been enjoyable to watch from beginning to end.

Don

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

She had no clue it was coming!  I will be loading the video of her driving it as well  (soon!)   It was an emotional day for her, but a great day for her!

Thanks!

Tracy

13 hours ago, VALS327 said:

Congratulations on accomplishing your goal and ahead of schedule. It has been enjoyable to watch from beginning to end.

Don

Thank you Don...my grandma stated "I'm so happy old Gus is safe"   she told someone else that she honestly thought we scrapped the old truck.   It was worth all of the hard work, just to see her react this way.

Tracy

• Like 1

That's a very beautiful thing you did for your grandma.......cherish those times also awesome job on the truck........Bobby j.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TDBach said:

Thank you Don...my grandma stated "I'm so happy old Gus is safe"   she told someone else that she honestly thought we scrapped the old truck.   It was worth all of the hard work, just to see her react this way.

Tracy

That smile on her face says it all.  Mission accomplished and well done. We all enjoyed taking the journey with you.

• Like 1

That's awesome!!  Brought a tear or two to my eyes as well....

wow thanks for sharing all your cool story,s...bob

• Like 1

I havent been on the forum as much as I used to and some how have missed the last couple of pages of the thread 
Well done to all 

Paul

• Like 1

Truck looks great TD, don't let the clutch out too fast, it might start running backwards,it's kinda strange to see smoke coming out the breather!

Amen to the fall! Crisp air, leaves turning, bonfires! Sounds like a very nice tradition for the weekend vehicles. Best of luck with your new business.

I had 3 hours to sleep this morning when I found your posting.  Lets just say I spent a good chunk of it reading and watching your videos. Your a beautiful girl, you have a beautiful truck, and a beautiful story!     Like others have said you did a terrific job and have a lot to be proud of!     

Edited by Hobert62
  • Like 1

Truck looks great TD, don't let the clutch out too fast, it might start running backwards,it's kinda strange to see smoke coming out the breather!