Sign in to follow this  
parksmotors

B80X Mack # 1343

Nice piece of history!  Mack made 368 B-80X and SX models.  Don't have a figure for the X only.

doesn't matter, single axle 80's series are few and far between, nice save

• Like 1

They made a lot more B81X and SX 2626 . The fenders for your B80 are multi piece and a metal shop with a metal bending break can easily form up the parts. Some o time with a MIG doing Plug welds and your ahead of the time and cost of finding decient used replacements.

Looking at your photos I personally would straighten them out, Bumper too. A bit of heat and a gentle tug and 90% will straighten. The aren't torn or rotted from what the photos show.     Paul

Edited by 41chevy

Of the diesel powered X's , 81X, 813X, 83X, and 815X. 47, 38, 19, and 2 for a total of 106 units, I have no listing for the B80's.

FW

Send the chassis number to the museum with a suitable donation and they will send you quite a stack of information about your truck including who the original purchaser was.

I agree, the fenders are easily repaired. Pull them off, sand blast them to find out what you have and start "heating and beating" to get them into shape.

Nice rig!  Looks better as a single axle than I thought that a B80 would.....

ParksM  If you want some motivation as to what your B-80X can be, go on Youtube.....Lancaster  truck Show part 2  Go to 5:29.  That is Mike Trotto's beautiful "B 81X" that started life as a B-80X tht was purchased new buy the city of Worcster , MA

I'm glad you were able to get the information on your find. Now what are your plans for the truck?