E7 427 unipump

bobgil

Question

I have a 2001 CX vision cx613 with the 427 in it.  It developed a miss but didn't show any codes.  I was on the road from Kansas to Atlanta GA so I stopped in little Rock Mack to have it looked at.  They said that #3 unipump was bad and replaced it.  The mechanic saidh said that there may be other unipump s that were week. 

I drove the truck for about 200 miles and it ran better but then started the same thing again.  Does anyone know how I would trouble shoot to see which other unipump may be going bad, or if it is possible that the one that was replaced may have let some trash from it get to the injector tip.

I am loaded but with only 10,000 lbs on a stepdeck grossing about 40,000 and it is still running well enough that it is not bad all the time.  But I need to get it corrected and get it running right again 

Bob

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

2 answers to this question

A quick test is to remove the wires one at a time from each unit. Loosen the screws, no need to take them out, the wire slips off. That will disable one at a time, if you don't hear any noticeable difference in the running engine, that is your dead cylinder. Sort of like cracking an injector line on a mechanical engine.