Several places; my local auto paint shop has it and it is available at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Achassis saver paint

Here is the link to the manufacturer's site http://magnetpaints.com/ They sell directly as well.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:37 AM, Willie dog said:

All that is correct......just be sure to sand  and re-prime any por-15 spots.

I didn't use any clear. Just single stage acrylic enamel with a hardener.

Oopps. Correction.  I only used POR-15 down in the frame/fish plate seam. After blasting , all the rust everwhere else was gone so I didn't feel the need for it elsewhere.

Good luck on your '41! Share some pics.

WD,

Thanks for the info. Its my mindset that since the frame is already blasted and I'm starting from new I might as well seal it while its there with POR-15. Time consuming, yes, expensive also yes but still multiple times cheaper than powder coat and in my opinion much better. A seal is a seal. With all the research I've done on POR-15 I guessed I missed the re-prep part(sand and re-prime). But with all good surface prep that's usually the case. Will let you know how the IH 41' build does. Really cool history on this project and another new truck frame to gain experience on so super pumped to knock it out over the winter.

• Like 1