Fire Truck Pic Collection

Mack58B42

A friend called me yesterday to let me know he had run across a box of a couple hundred or so fire truck pics from a collector that was originally up in the Syracuse area.  Some look like factory photos, some were taken by a professional, and some look like they were just picked up randomly over time.  It also includes a bunch of original ALF advertising pics, and some fire truck art work by an F. Tewfell.  I've been going through it this morning, and I'll post a few as I get them scanned.  I'd say that over a third of the collection are Mack pics, and it's heavy on the B-Models.  Also a lot of early Ahrens Fox.

It's a pretty cool collection, they're all in excellent condition, and the price wasn't outrageous....

2016-11-06 10.57.13.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fxfymn said:

Please let Walt McCall know about the ALF stuff you have. If it is original I'm sure he will want to know about it.

Good suggestion.  I'm very familiar with his work.  I'll scan what I've got, try to find his e-mail address, and see if it's of any interest .  It looks like a full catalog of pics for demo units of each model they made in a particular year (haven't been able to  pin the year down yet, but looks like early-mid seventies) that came out of a factory binder at some point.....

• 2 months later...

I'd never heard of Frank Tewfell before I ran across these.  Is he a fairly well known print-maker?  Didn't find much about him on-line either.

I've got about 2-dozen prints, all in pretty much mint condition.

Here are a few of them, including the only two of Macks.....

FT1.jpg

FT2.jpg

FT3.jpg

• 2 months later...