Brought this home last weekend 1967 R 685ST1480

I think that was an add on after the fact. I think it had square tanks as the passenger side was used as a hydraulic tank and the B model tank is to far back and is awkward to get in and out.  I am surprised its been on there so long as you just about fall out of the truck.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Neat little truck!

Oh, maybe I'm wrong. It starts being not so little when you intitiate works to make it up :)

I suppose you better put front brakes on if runs with no trailer are planned in the future.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

4 hours ago, Mack58B42 said:

Looks to be in pretty good shape for a '67.  Were they still using that style hubcap on the front in that year, or did they just migrate over from B-model on this rig?

Think I remember reading on here at one time the early R's used the same front axle as a B. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

The cowl-mounted rectangular rubber hood rest in the photo above, we sourced from Ford. They were stamped Fomoco. It was borrowed from the N-model, which shared it with the Ford C-Series.

At what place Ford used them? C-series were cabovers.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 10/30/2016 at 9:41 PM, Brocky said:

Nice Find!!!! Looks very clean and complete..  Do you like your Bradford body on the truck??? I wish mine had more stake pockets rather than the flip sides..

Yes I like the bed and the looks and no on the quality when I bought it in 06 the powder coating started flaking of by 2011 they finally agreed to re-powder coat it if I paid $500 for sand blasting guess what they half asses it and never sandblasted the bottom so it is rusting out from the inside out.

I am not hard on the truck or bed, its a 2006 3500 4x4 and I just have 107K on the truck and its like new inside and out except for the rusting on the underside of the bed.

I am thinking about buying a new chevy quadcab 3500 4x4 cab & chassis and I have decided to buy another Bradford bed but it will be the aluminum version.  I am up in the air on the new truck as the service manager for the truck shop at the Chevy dealer I go to told me that they are having a lot of issues with the emissions on the new ones.  But the dealer called me and said they have a 2016 3500 4x4 quadcab for $42K plus I have some cash on my GM card so should be below $40K out the door will see stopping by tomorrow to look the truck over.

Robert

On 10/31/2016 at 9:04 PM, 57 bcr said:

Looks good! That bumper  tells me it was employed  in the oil patch at one time. Maybe not. Looks  to be solid. Nice find.    Al  

Supposedly it was bought by a guy that owned a quarry near Wichita KS, used to pull an end dump and his low boy.  The guy I bought from bought it from the original owner. 

• Like 1

Robert

FYI; Chevy is introducing a brand new Duramax in January. My SWAG is any left overs will be reduced even more. OBTW my 2011 Dmax has had several issues with the DEF system. Overall I like the truck, but it has frustrated me on several occasions with emissions issues that require a trip to the dealer for a one to two day stay. I'm pretty sure a 2017 Ford F-350 is my next choice.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thomas thanks for your answer.

In 2014 I swapped my F-250 6.0 Power Stroke for a 6.7 Cummins which came wrapped in a Dodge Ram..

4X2 quad cab C&C with the Bradford body with side tool boxes already mounted on it, plus a 60 gal aux tank. This is how it was set up on the dealers lot for $49k. My first, and hopefully my last dually and flat bed as I am 71 Y/O. Basically I love the truck, but if I had started from scratch I probably would go with a C/M body with stake pockets or rub rails for more tie down areas and build my own taller sides. Also those tool boxes lack about 1-2 inches of height for a gallon jug of Rotella to stand up.207131350 (800x533).jpg207131341.JPG

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 2

Brocky