Anyone doing full deletes on MP8s yet??

bulldogfarmer

Hey everyone, long time lurker here just reading posts. After todays issues I figured I'd better post. 

Have 3 MP8s, 2 are '08s and 1 '11. They each get about 35-40k mIles a year

Middle of harvest here and there's been one in the shop constantly. One gets fixed, another goes in. Got so bad I bought a CH off a local auction last week for a spare and it hasn't missed a day since. Somewhere north of $15k has been spent at the Mack dealer in the last month- every penny fixing emissions BS. 

My question is, is there ANYONE doing full deletes on these trucks like they can on the Big 3 engines?? Ones I've found run an emulator which isn't a route I care to go since the emissions system has to be in tact. These trucks are about to go on the end of the road with a for sale sign on them if they keep it up. 

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on the open forum. Thanks a bunch.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So I posted this about a year ago and still havent got an answer.  Tried truckecmtunes and couldnt get an answer out of them. So far $19,700 has been forked out to the dealers fixing emissions BS since November and have two trucks about to go in again while we're in the middle of harvest. Why can you get an answer anywhere for Cat, Cummins, and Detroit but Mack and Vovlo are so hush-hush? Im about ready to find trucks with a different emblem on the front.

Anyone have an answer if I can delete? PM me if need be. Thanks

4 hours ago, Mackpro said:

We had a customer take his 2011 MP8 up somewhere in Illinois And get the full delete done , I think it was around $3000. They said at the time they could only do the non-OBD trucks, which means only trucks with the 9 pin diagnostic plug. Not the rectangle OBD plug. 

Ya it will be interesting to c how the hackers do with the newer stuff m drive and the like!  Very complex and intertwined abs stability control avoidance control bla bla !

2 hours ago, storkmack said:

Bad enough to walk away from Bulldogs, insult to injury to run Cats. 

hahaha true!

if i ever were to get rid of my bulldog which will never happen it would be for a pete with a 6nz with a few upgrades done to the motor. iv had 3 macks (2001-CL713/2005-CV713/2000-CL713) and they have all treated me well. 

new resized.jpg

Few months back I heard Fitzgerald's does some shit work sometimes. I never saw one of there trucks up close or drove one but everything from parts falling off and people needing there motors replaced 3 times. Them not fixing stuff. Whoever goes down that road may want to do your homework on who you pick. 

new resized.jpg

2 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

hahaha true!

if i ever were to get rid of my bulldog which will never happen it would be for a pete with a 6nz with a few upgrades done to the motor. iv had 3 macks (2001-CL713/2005-CV713/2000-CL713) and they have all treated me well. 

Dad started with a 79' F model in 1986 and with the exception of a few off brands we have always ran Macks.   If there was a Mack glider kit availed that is where we would be at.  You can't spend $130K on a truck that WILL go down and be in the shop not making revenue.   Bad freight rates, rising  insurance cost, and government regulation  just make it not work with trucks that don't RUN.   Series 60 Detroits with Allisons here, set up so a driver can't kill them is the route we are looking at. 

20 minutes ago, storkmack said:

Dad started with a 79' F model in 1986 and with the exception of a few off brands we have always ran Macks.   If there was a Mack glider kit availed that is where we would be at.  You can't spend $130K on a truck that WILL go down and be in the shop not making revenue.   Bad freight rates, rising  insurance cost, and government regulation  just make it not work with trucks that don't RUN.   Series 60 Detroits with Allisons here, set up so a driver can't kill them is the route we are looking at. 

Nothing wrong with that. Every make has a parts department for a reason. Each can break and have broken. As for me no Detroits if I was in that sitation. But that's me. My 05 had a Allison 6spd auto. Was very nice. Wish I could but an auto in my CL lol 

new resized.jpg