AMC Rambler

Willie dog

V8?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

"Candy Apple Red" @1978 by the Robbin Thompson Band

I grew up in a space age scene
along with surfboards and the american dream
I never went steady with the homecoming queen
'course I never was the captain of the football team

I wish those days were back again
Oh do you remember when .....
Those days of Candy Apple Red, and Metal Flake
Cruisin' with your baby in your old man's '88

Lookin' for a home run
gettin' thrown out at the plate

OOOhhh give me back those days.

I'd skip school when the waves were good
Had me a chrome scoop on my hood
I'd be lyin' like a fool sayin' I went all the way
I'd do anything to relive those days

Oh do you remember when
Cruisin' with your baby in your old mans '88

Lookin' for a home run
Gettin' thrown out at the plate

OOOhhh give me back those days

( guitar solo... :035: )

Oh do you remember when
Candy Apple Red, and Metal flake
Lookin for a home run... I'm just lookin' for a date

OOOOhhh give me back those days

Wished he had a Rambler, the front seat went back all the way

OOOOhhhh give me back those days

OOOhhhhh give me back those daaaaaayyyyyys

My 54 Chevy Tudor post car had a rambler bench seat that turned into a bed😁 235 with an Edmonds  two carb manifold. Stick shift conversion ( hence the 235) with the original auto rear end.Sparkomatic floorshift conversion! What fun ! Those ramblers were good cars if you cared for them,but they seemed to have a lot of trouble with the "trunnion" front end.They paid me 10.00 to tow them away! ,were paying 25.00 for them at the scrap yard!.in the early 70's Wish I'd put them all in storage til today! Hindsight is 20/20 ! That is a real bargain in todays world at 2500.What a "sleeper" that would make! Or even completely stock in that condition.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

My Dad hauled Ramblers from Kenosha,Wisconsin in the late 1950's and 1960's.He had 5 trucks leased to Arco Auto Carriers Chicago,Illinois.2 of the trucks were Studebakers with I think 4-53 power. Quite a job before I-80 was built across Penna. on Route 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ditchkus said:

My Dad hauled Ramblers from Kenosha,Wisconsin in the late 1950's and 1960's.He had 5 trucks leased to Arco Auto Carriers Chicago,Illinois.2 of the trucks were Studebakers with I think 4-53 power. Quite a job before I-80 was built across Penna. on Route 6.

I'll have to look in the big collection of photos I bough a few years ago, might have just those carriers in there.    Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

are you still lookin?

Yup. So far mostly Dodges and a few early 40's Studes. They are a milk crate full of photos probably 5 or 6000.   Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

59 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

wow i`d like to see em all

Okay. I'll post them up over the week.  Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 months later...

Joe Ditchkus, I used to drive for AT I out of the Pittsburgh railhead, they were bought by Nu Car Carriers I picked up a load of Amc Pacers at Kenosha Wi I remember there was a very pretty lake nearby! The pacers were ahead of their time, short and wide with a bigger door on the drivers side! Arco was a leaseway company as was Nu Car, possibly not when your dad was leased to them.