The one hooked to the lowboy was my Dads Superliner which he used to drive for A A Robbins and then R I Lampus. The block truck we used to lift the bed is still owned by Lampus. My dad is the mechanic at Lampus' plant in Cambridge Springs(AKA the old Robbins plant). He likes stuff to be well taken care of which he's passed on to My Brother and I.

Thanks, Josh

On 10/30/2016 at 11:35 AM, Timmyb said:

I gotta recover my wood grain panels at some stage, but i gotta fill in a fair few holes first. My question is, does the vinyl stick to body filler or primer or is bare metal best?

I was doing the same thing but came across a guy in Queensland that laser cuts new panels and vinyl wraps them. A lot less painful than trying to patch and wrap old ones if you have a significant amount of damage/holes. I was really happy with how they came out. I am sure he would post to your side of the country. I can send you his details if interested.

2 hours ago, Mr Black said:

I was doing the same thing but came across a guy in Queensland that laser cuts new panels and vinyl wraps them. A lot less painful than trying to patch and wrap old ones if you have a significant amount of damage/holes. I was really happy with how they came out. I am sure he would post to your side of the country. I can send you his details if interested.

Sure, send away. I've gotta fair few holes so it's always good to get a 2nd option. 

Thanks mate. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks Guys. There's been a lot of late nights on this project.    

2 hours ago, r686st said:

Could you give part numbers, dimensions and information on the exhaust you used?

The stacks are 6 in. I got them off my cousin a few years ago and I shortened them. As far as the y pipe that was custom built by my brother Ben out of 5 in. stainless with a divider so it smokes evenly. He's one hell of a welder. I didn't get that gift in life but he sure did. The elbows are ones that we've kept off Superliners that we robbed parts from etc. I cut them to fit because we moved the stacks forward to make more room to fit the dump bed. I think elbows and Y pipes off a W900 KW wound have worked but there not stainless and I had every thing here to do it.  

That cab... and that interior... came out AMAZING!  Can't wait to see the rest.  Hope you hang a stock air cleaner on it.  Totally takes me back to my childhood when you saw dolled-up Superliners like this running around.  

1 hour ago, sodly said:

That cab... and that interior... came out AMAZING!  Can't wait to see the rest.  Hope you hang a stock air cleaner on it.  Totally takes me back to my childhood when you saw dolled-up Superliners like this running around.  

Thanks Guy! Yes I put on a stock air cleaner on it. I'm going for the sharp old school look like you would have seen back in the 80's. That's kind of how I pretty much plan all my truck projects.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe I saw the Superliner setting at the garage in Centerville today. I was headed south and looked in because there's usually a Mack of some sort sitting there and I did a double take. That thing is sharp!!!  Wish I would have been going a little slower to got a better look. You did a great job on that.

• 7 months later...
On 4/7/2017 at 9:06 PM, keg1 said:

I believe I saw the Superliner setting at the garage in Centerville today. I was headed south and looked in because there's usually a Mack of some sort sitting there and I did a double take. That thing is sharp!!!  Wish I would have been going a little slower to got a better look. You did a great job on that.

Thanks! I had had it over there to get it recertified. He has one tired B53 sitting out back that he keeps saying he's going to redo but I don't see it happening. 

Edited by Yoos Brothers Construction