If you store an old vehicle " out back" try throwing a handful of mothballs on the floor and under the seats,rats will leave it alone! Had wood rats building nests on the engine of two cars I was storing,propped the hood open with a 12" stick,they won't build a nest then,are afraid of predators!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Coenut said:

Is the wood grain  vinyl or some other material?  Very nice work.

If you go to brockwaytrucks.org and search topic about restoring a 361 Brockway. Tom Millard has a very detailed page about finding the material and installing it on his fathers 361.

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

13 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I gotta recover my wood grain panels at some stage, but i gotta fill in a fair few holes first. My question is, does the vinyl stick to body filler or primer or is bare metal best?

I have fixed a few I just welded in some patches and used some some Liquid Steel Epoxy than sanded smooth after that the I put two layers of the vinyl on the panel as the stuff I bought I didn't think the mil thickness was enough and was afraid that eventually it may transfer the repair.  After three years still looks good.  The first layer just covers the panel the second wraps about 1/4 inch around the edges. 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

I thought that might have been you. White RD?

Yup, pulling my lil pup. The two trucks you guys had there are are some well taken care of pieces. They always catch my eye when I pass them on 79.