Sign in to follow this  
bulldogboy

Mobile Home - Nantucket Style

Excellent thanks I think with a pad that large would be easier to leave it there lol.bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Everything is classier on the islands.

S'pose he meant to cross that humped up median between the road and the bike path?  Look like things could be a little too top heavy to be crawling over stuff like that. Great pic. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Everything is classier on the islands.

Yes they are. On Nantucket this house is a fixer upper. It is probably being moved to make way for a bigger "McMansion".

bulldogboy

How old is this photo? It awesome to see an old Mack like this still working. 

23 minutes ago, Timmyb said:

How old is this photo? It awesome to see an old Mack like this still working. 

It has to have been since 2000 based on the ford in the background.  

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

S'pose he meant to cross that humped up median between the road and the bike path?  Look like things could be a little too top heavy to be crawling over stuff like that. Great pic. 

that certainly is a precarious position for that load

• Like 1

At least it didn't go through a divorce process being split up 50/50 decision .

• Like 1

If he had the skill to move that house ,he would have no problem building his own ferry from logs and empty 55 gallon drums. Then he could pull an outside dual and attach a pulley and leather belt from one of those old textile mills and add a brass screw from an old lobster boat !! Nuthin' to it!

That looks like Polpis Rd. area. I think that was in/around 2013. It was still sitting on I-beams when I saw it, if it is the same one. Of course I missed the B model getting a work out. There was a B-81 doing some house work out there several years ago, missed that one too

Great picture and a nice B !

Thank you for sharing.

Boy, was I off. Still awesome to see working, though. That's got to be a huge disruption on those little roads at peak vacation times. Was out there the last week in July, simply beautiful out there. Maybe there's some more work out there by Sankaty Light, before those houses tumble into the sea. One house has about 10 feet of backyard left.

Very cool! Thanks  for  posting! Al  

Is there someone under the trailer in front of the first dual wheel assembly either standing or bent over?  Damn !!     A great picture of a typically hard working,  good looking B-Model gettin' the job done.

Edited by bbob61

41 minutes ago, bbob61 said:

Is there someone under the trailer in front of the first dual wheel assembly either standing or bent over?  Damn !!     A great picture of a typically hard working,  good looking B-Model gettin' the job done.

Holy cows there is someone under the trailer!  Good eye. Wouldn't catch me under there. 

heavy spec B61sx by the looks of the straight across U B81 series front axle. I wonder if hes gonna bother to get out his height stick??

That was hilarious babba I expect most of us are on the same page lets chip in and by him a one way ticket ahahahahahahaha. Bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk