Look what I saw today

Navistar built a bunch of these low profile tractors based on the 9600 cabover series too, there was an outfit that hauled for one of the cereal companies that had a bunch of them. The cereal company had designed their cereal boxes and cartons to fit in a standard 50 foot boxcar and wanted a trailer with similar inside dimensions. To meet that requirement they built trailers and tractors with 17.5" low profile wheels like these.

Teamster grrrrl,I've never seen the Navistar version,but since most of the cereal companies are based in the Midwest,Navistar may have "farmed out" their conversion to the same fabricator that did the Stoops conversion.You wouldn't think there would be enough call for those trucks to warrant retooling one of their own plants.

8 minutes ago, BillyT said:

Teamster grrrrl,I've never seen the Navistar version,but since most of the cereal companies are based in the Midwest,Navistar may have "farmed out" their conversion to the same fabricator that did the Stoops conversion.You wouldn't think there would be enough call for those trucks to warrant retooling one of their own plants.

"Farmed" out? or "Framed" out... lol

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

• 6 years later...