Limited edition Diamond T glider kit offering unveiled

kscarbel2

Myself, I don't see any similarity between the new Diamond T and the old International S-Series (except in those pictures they're both white). But to each his own. Given T-Line's small budget, I'm thrilled at their accomplishment and wish them the best.

12 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

If I were building a clean slate cab and truck there'd be a lot more thought put into the whole cab. 

C'mon Mark, I hear you, but these guys have a very modest budget. I think what they've done here, with limited funding, is a viable vehicle. 

Just now, kscarbel2 said:

C'mon Mark, these guys have a very modest budget. I think what they've done here, with limited funding, is a viable vehicle. 

If it's very cheaply priced you will have buyers. But can it be cost effective building these by hand one at a time? With the hours put into these they may be as pricey as a Freightliner or Paccar glider. 

12 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

If it's very cheaply priced you will have buyers. But can it be cost effective building these by hand one at a time? With the hours put into these they may be as pricey as a Freightliner or Paccar glider. 

Exactly, if it's affordably priced.

I'm still wondering how T-Line can make money........reaching there of course depends on achieving economy-of-scale.

Out of the blue, I can imagine this as a great municipality truck. The basic get-it-done truck like the Louisville was.

• 4 months later...

Diamond T Custom Truck & Chassis is proud to introduce the all-new T9800 series long nose conventional.

Featuring classic looks, a set-back front axle and our new aluminum "Driver II" cab, the T9800 series is the latest version of the proven T-Line 9000B conventional which has proven itself since 1995.

Now in production, the new T9800 series is available with big bore powerplants up to 600 horsepower.

T9820B Glider Kit Standard Specifications - https://tlinetrucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/T9820GliderSpecSheet-1-1.pdf

I had wondered what happened to this company. I wasn't sure if they were still around. I had heard the first announcement, then it went quiet and I haven't seen a finished truck over the last few years.

I'd like to see them successful too, but with the government now trying even harder to get rid of gliders again, it's going to be a hard road for them.

43 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

I had wondered what happened to this company. I wasn't sure if they were still around. I had heard the first announcement, then it went quiet and I haven't seen a finished truck over the last few years.

I'd like to see them successful too, but with the government now trying even harder to get rid of gliders again, it's going to be a hard road for them.

I touch base with them from time to time. They are busy and confident.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, kscarbel2 said:

C'mon Mark, I hear you, but these guys have a very modest budget. I think what they've done here, with limited funding, is a viable vehicle. 

I see the ability to take any of my Autocars or REO and using one of their new cabs to refurbish it

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I suspect they went quiet when the EPA issued their fuel economy standards that would grandfather gliders to the number built before the standards by a glider assembler, and T-Line had made no gliders to base an exemption for future gliders on. With those regulations in question, T-Line may be viable again... But the regulations will probably be decided by the courts after years of appeals, etc..

On 1/14/2019 at 6:22 PM, TS7 said:

I hope they do well, but the new cab, have they finished one? Does it leak water? Do the doors rattle? Will the AC work?  Are they building any trucks now? How do the know if it will hold together?

These are all good questions 

I guess with anything new a leap of faith has to be taken by all, the purchaser and the manufacturer 

I doubt they will ever sell big numbers but will sell them if they make them

Paul 

• 3 weeks later...