Limited edition Diamond T glider kit offering unveiled

kscarbel2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a learning curve in the process of building a truck from the ground up. Seems like it might be a throwback to a time when trucks were simple and reliable without all the bells and whistles. The fact that they are offering gliders may throw a few customers their way by using pre emissions engines.

I talked with them a while ago about the possibility of purchasing a cab or two. I've gotten a few call backs from them. First was to be patient as the ramp up, last was telling me they haven't forgot and they will have some available late 2019 early 2020.  Seems at least to be some what serious about customer care.  We'll see. The estimated cost for a pair of cabs is equal to repairing 2 of my 3 cabs.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I can't imagine how much uncertainty there is in trying to get this going. Doing small control systems enclosures (stuff smaller than a mini fridge) is hard enough in QTY 5 or less. Prototypes are basically still all hand-built, too expensive to have a chassis company run just one. Hopefully they find success and can offer something folks like!

• Like 1

They do right down to dash stampings

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They need to go to a Salvage /wrecking yard or an Auction & buy a couple of Worn out Old Trucks, & use the Components to build a Truck (or 3).

Would be Huge Boost to their Street Credibility .........IMHO

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Federal regulations and guidelines for the Low Volume Vehicle Production Act passed by the NHTSA for production of 5000 or less has yet to be announced. It was passed in 2015 and is now 4 years without the regulations being finalized.  The EPA and CARB requirements keep changing and the maximum production number keep changing (last numbers were 385 units) and now a lawsuit on whether larger trucks should be included. Four or five companies set to produce vehicles have filed bankruptcy or lost investors waiting for regulations to begin production. Not sense building any if they will be unusable  / unsaleble until the regs are finalized and announced.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Confused 1

P.T.CHESHIRE