Doubletime

Have sister trucks - 2009 Mack - am having a problem with the EGR in one of these trucks. Mack wants $10K to fix. I am a certified master mechanic and think I can do the work on my own IF I can get the proper tools. Anyone out there know where I can beg or borrow the tools for a weekend or if I have to - to purchase them? I simply don't' have ten grand to fix this truck - I just purchased them a few months back!

any suggestions on where I can buy the tools required to complete the job? i am told its a special tool .... but thats all anybody will tell me! Frustrating as I currently own three Macks - If I cant get this problem figured out I will get rid of them and go back to Petes!

4 hours ago, doubletime said:

any suggestions on where I can buy the tools required to complete the job? i am told its a special tool .... but thats all anybody will tell me! Frustrating as I currently own three Macks - If I cant get this problem figured out I will get rid of them and go back to Petes!

88800460 removing tool $495.78

88800457 installing tool $263.24

at my local dealer in Memphis, Watt's is little cheaper 

numbers good at Volvo too

these are the updated tools too

9 hours ago, doubletime said:

Great news! thanks.

got a telephone number for your local dealer.

901-947-8277 direct to jerry in parts at Tri State Truck Centers in Memphis; good guy only 1 that really help me; might hurt or maybe help tell him Woody from Olive Branch told you bout him

talked to Barry at Watt's too