Very cool find.   The ol dog sure looks like it has hard a very hard life since new.  But, what construction equipment hasn't?

Other then Tom(OT), I can't say I've seen many mixer trucks in running condition at least at any shows I've been to.`  The only BIG B I always remember is that red/silver wrecker from NY area(saw it at Syracuse in '03).  That thing was HUGE! and very well restored.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Cool! Any mix still in the drum? Mine was 3/4 filled when I adopted it. Had to move the drum separate from the chassis to Virginia last year.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Very nice. Glad the company is interested in bringing back a piece of their history.

Mine was 3/4 filled when I adopted it

When I worked across the street from a large concrete company you could hear the drivers chipping out the drums on the week ends when they failed to get the drum clean during the work week. They also had a fair assortment of filled drums in the back lot that had been removed and replaced on the mixers.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Nice find!  My great uncle owned Wescon Cement in the Westerly RI/Pawcatuck CT area.  He didn't have any B81s that I remember, (mostly Autocars, until they switched to the front discharge type) but since I'm partial to both B81s and cement trucks, I'm glad to see this still around with intentions to restore it....

Would love to find one of his old Autocars or the LJ dumps that were left abandoned in the lower 40.

Speaking of the lower 40, I remember his collection of drums with a full load that had hardened due to driver error or a truck breakdown.  Every time I mentioned it, he'd go on and on about how expensive it was to lose one and have to replace it....

• 1 month later...

Nice that the old Girl came home.

I can understand saving dad's legacy  but ever consider getting

Rid of the mixer for something more useful?

Tom

TGP

64 B61S

49 LF

47 WDX

52 M37

City ready mix in Waterbury ct had a garage full late 40s early 50s  L J s mack 10 wheeler s dumps and mixers  all around 40 k miles  he finally  sold a couple years ago he would open up for delivery once a week or two he had one front discharge with less than 5 k  30 years old Worcester sand & gravel bought some drive them to shows now.:wub::thumb:

Ed

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/1/2016 at 4:08 PM, Wobblin-Goblin said:

Double check that figure.  Wheeled my share off the ass end of B-81's and LJ's in my "youth" in 60's.  I always thought mixers were rated with a "MIx" number and an "agitator" number-difference in that the mix number was what the drum could handle doing just that-mixing a load of dry charged sand, stone and cement.  Agitators could carry a substantially larger amount of wet concrete from a central mix plant and keep it turned over in transit.

whatever great shot of it in the parade.   Also nice when you can personally connect with an old piece of iron.

• Like 1

God love you I'm sure you are wetting your pants driving that old truck it looks real good so far I'm sure the rest of us or at least most of us were pissing ourselves looking at that small video clip just barely running didn't really matter to any of us looks like a lot of good years left in it just a lot of sand and paint now mainly I've had my DM for 23 years now and it's not much advanced over that one runs and drives is about it.... Congratulations on the big step up keep us posted thanks Bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1