fxfymn

Macungie 2016

Plan to arrive in town about noonish. Need to find a near-true Philly cheesesteak sammich. Then find our way around town

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hatcity said:

Plan to arrive in town about noonish. Need to find a near-true Philly cheesesteak sammich. Then find our way around town

You'll have to go into Bethlehem or Allentown for that. 

On 6/15/2016 at 7:39 PM, hatcity said:

Marios in Northampton has great Philly cheesesteaks and the best pizza around (851 Main street).

Bob Dahmer (red C-model 4x2 tractor) lives down the street and would probably agree.

Spent the night at the Hickory Run service plaza on the NE extention of PA Tunpike about 40 minutes from macungie. Will be there early to hopefully get the one safe, dry  spot in the camping area in case of rain.  My bus does not like wet ground and in the past I have seen too many motorhomes that had to be pulled out.  See you there 

• Like 1

Will be there early to hopefully get the one safe, dry  spot 

I am at the Cabelas about 20 miles away for the same reason. I need to park the trailer on the paved lot if at all possible.

OBTW Denny this is a great place to overnight in. Easy to get to and plenty of space in a dedicated RV area with a Dunkin Donut right across the street.

See you tomorrow morning.

We are coming up Saturday morning with our three single axle macks, does anybody know what time the show starts saturday?

9 hours ago, Murf915 said:

We are coming up Saturday morning with our three single axle macks, does anybody know what time the show starts saturday?

Someone should be at the registration area by 8am (for sure by 9am).  Saturday morning will be busy.

Stopping to pick up a case of straubs, should be there 1230-1ish

• Like 1

So far it has been a typical Macungie event..rain followed by a some more rain. I think it is supposed to clear up soon. Not too muddy yet.

• Like 1

The wife and I will be rolling in tomorrow before noon. No trucks to bring this year... like every year. See you all there!

• Like 1

wish I could be there this year, but I have my own mud to play in this year. Rain+ cherries= lots of tractor driving and helicopter fuel burning:angry:

• Like 1

Just got back in town the AC won't make it to the show this year but I am going up right now

• Like 1

There is going to be one special Mack there this year that is a real eye catcher!! 

The AP bus?

This is Friday morning not Saturday. 

How right you are. What can I say; I'm retired and unless I read the paper I don't know what day of the week it is. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

They announced yesterday, Friday, that 500 trucks were already on the grounds. The weather is beautiful today so come on down as they say.