Not sure if this RW Sleeper install is Sacreligious or Brilliant

• 1 month later...

I had a British friend who was an o/o who used to run in the Alps( several countries) said that there was an upgrade that you pulled for 8 hrs. had to have a pee jug on the floor and you're lunch in a bag within reach! He said all the drivers carried a tow bar that fit the trucks from their country.French,British,Italian,trucks had different tow bars! This was in case you broke down,no road service,or many truck stops.I've always wondered what it would be like to split a triplex or quad left handed ! Maybe there are more "leftys" in the UK and Austrailia! Lol There is a u tube video of a driver in the city in Austrailia running a B model with a flatbed Shifting a quad left handed,the fella's really good! Fun to watch!

BillyT...

the British parts of Canada drove on the left until about 1924, Quebec was always on the right, Newfoundland was left until just before 1949 when it joined Canada.

I think the US was on the left prior to the automobile.... which side did they sit on the wagon in those days and was the lead horse/oxen in the same place???

also, centre steering was common on early imported cars.

Sweden changed over as late as 1967

Tow bars... ah, the stories I remember would frighten most...!!!! when the pin drops out and you have to overtake the tow vehicle going downhill with no brakes... you just wave at the driver as you go by... LOL

found a couple of photos that explains the "always carry a tow bar" policy.... not much of a view out the windshield at 50mph..!!

BC Mack

recovery.jpg

recovery001.jpg