In gear but rear driveshaft not spinning

mholm

Waterous actually said this was fairly common caused by having parking brake on or trying to get truck over a curb or similar. They actually even had records that my pump shaft had already been replaced once in 1979 while still in service. In later years the trans and shaft were redesigned offering more strength but in this era the shafts just weren't strong enough to handle the power of the 707 cu in thermodyne engine. That's why they recommended converting trans and have the parts needed for that if I want to spend several thousand dollars.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:39 PM, mholm said:

Broken pump trans output shaft. Waterous unfortunately doesn't have the part nor cast to make one. Have specs and part # 70375. Anyone have any idea to try to track one down or s machine shop that could make one?

Contact Dan Supplee at Supplee Brothers on Lorraine Avenue in Oreland, Pa. (outside of Philadelphia.) Tell him that Randy Yardumian sent you. See if he has one laying around or if he can point you in the direction of one. If you are on facebook, "friend" me (Randy V. Yardumian) and tell me who you are, and I will link you to Dan on facebook. 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Supplee bros had a few shafts and said thry replaced a bunch over the years from same thing but unfortunately no match. Have a couple machine shops that can do it, now just trying to get one to get it done in a couple weeks for about $1000.