Keg1 my R had 5.73 and I swapped to 4.64's. It allows up to 75 mph and still has a lot of grunt on the low end so you can work off road. Think.... lowboy and dump trailer type of work. I also gained 1/2 mpg by doing the swap I'm very happy. This maybe a route for you to go so it will be more highway friendly.

20 hours ago, mowerman said:

oh hell since your going to scratch it up and shoot it,,,might as well do an engine swap....looking good...bob

I'm swapping trans and rearends and getting motor turned up and I think I'll be fine. I hope.

8 hours ago, r686st said:

Keg1 my R had 5.73 and I swapped to 4.64's. It allows up to 75 mph and still has a lot of grunt on the low end so you can work off road. Think.... lowboy and dump trailer type of work. I also gained 1/2 mpg by doing the swap I'm very happy. This maybe a route for you to go so it will be more highway friendly.

I have a set of 4.42 in the Mh I got for parts. 

Anything in particular your looking for?

Haven't really got into specifics on mine yet, but cab parts inside & out and the grille if it's better than mine lol. Does yours have the level 3 Blue interior? I have a parts truck coming soon, but it has the plain gray inside.

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Haven't really got into specifics on mine yet, but cab parts inside & out and the grille if it's better than mine lol. Does yours have the level 3 Blue interior? I have a parts truck coming soon, but it has the plain gray inside.

I might be interested in getting rid of the whole cab. I will probably take the drivers seat out and I don't think there's much else I can use. I would like to know what it weighs, I don't know if I can get it off with my forklift or not. Let me know

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 1963B81sx said:

Is that grill insert made of plastic or metal? Have seen plastic ones on ebay.

Grill looks nice.

thanks

It's plastic. I got it on eBay. It was about 2 inches wider than the opening so I was going to send it back but shipping was going to be 70 some dollars so I got the cut off and made the opening bigger. It's a little short the other way so when  I get the truck back over to the other garage I'm going to weld some tabs on the bottom to screw it to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mowerman said:

man thats a beautiful truck....have a ball with it...bob

Thanks it will look a little better when I get everything shined up.

31 minutes ago, HarryS said:

Truck really looks nice. You've come a long way in a short period of time.

Thank you