1969 International F210D

hurstscrambler

1 hour ago, hurstscrambler said:

They appear original to me, but maybe one was added?   Andy

IMG_20180629_085857.jpg

I believe my b75 has both as well

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Bendix has a nice manual you can download and it goes over brake systems.  I have it saved at home, I was googling trying to find the link again online.

http://www.bendixvrc.com/itemDisplay.asp?documentID=6390

Click on link and save it to your computer.  It covers everything about air brakes.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I apologize for not responding, there really hasn’t been any progress until this week when I dragged the frame out from where it has been to start going through the rears.  That process is not going well, I will need some advice or suggestions.  

Over the winter I got the wiring installed in the cab, the dash is done.  All the airlines in the cab are done, and the seats and steering column are in.  It’s amazing, literally nothing in either of the two trucks worked, turn signals brake light, wipers, washers, gauges. With little effort and expense all of it is now functional.

Back to the rears, I have the Eaton rears from the 1964 F-230 parts truck currently under the truck they are in one piece, but leak from everywhere and in my estimation are pretty well used up.  There was some suspension work done to them in the last 4 or 5 years but there is likely more needed. Also they are 7.74 ratio I believe.  The only positive in all this is that there are 8 fresh 11.00r24.00 caps and I have the 2 new steers as well.  

Where I switched the engine to the NHCT-270, I also changed the main trans to the spicer 8552-a that was behind it in the grey truck and the 8341c aux as well, so I believe that leaves me with a direct main and a .83 OD in the auxiliary. With the big tires, OD, and 7.74s it looks like my road speed would be 45, not cool. I’ve been looking for a semi modern replacement cutoff, but I’d like to find something that would work with the larger Dayton hubs so I can use the tires I have.  I was thinking of trying to find something with a 4:56-ish ratio.  

So my questions are, is it realistic to think I could use my hubs, rims and tires on post 2000 rears of any kind, if so what do I want to look for?  Second, are all truck frames standard dimensions? My truck has double 1/4” rails and if I was able to find a cutoff with the same I would be tempted to stretch the WB to match what the grey truck was.  I’m desperate for some guidance, thanks.  Andy

I will post some pictures shortly

Edited by hurstscrambler

I would probably look for a used rear set up to get a better ratio and newer style brakes and stay with spokes.  Lots of spokes still in Maine in the logging trade and when they wreck them, the trucks go to yards such as White and Bradstreet.  Worth a phone to see what is out there.

http://www.white-bradstreet.com/

or https://rydemore.com/  in Mass.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Well, I did some thinking and decided to ditch the spokes.  I really want to match the build of the grey truck as much as possible, so the rear suspension is getting a major rework.  I located and picked up a 40k Airliner cutoff with 3.90 gears, not a real HD setup, but the grey truck had 38k rears so it will at least exceed the trucks rating.  I got it completely torn down and it all goes to the sandblaster tomorrow.  I sold the 11r24s Saturday, and plan on getting 8 hub piloted 5 hole steel wheels for the back.  I’m waiting on a quote for the rails as well, as I’m gonna give it some more WB while I’m at it.  Andy

Edited by hurstscrambler
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Joe is the guy I dealt with the most, I also talked with John who was helpful as well.  This is the only parts source I have been to that seemed to embrace that challenge of finding difficult parts. They were able to find part numbers for the odd Wagner/Rockwell front brakes on my truck as well.  I’m a little more at ease about locating valves and parts for the air brake system after dealing with them.  Other places I’ve been just cock there heads to the side and ask for a VIN.  Andy

I'll get more pics soon. My truck is a 250 cummins, 5 and 2 speed, 54k gvw. The dump box is definitely a newer addition, they hacked the rear frame rails. I wonder if it was the same wheelbase as yours originally. My truck is solid without rust. It needs tlc but it runs and drives and dumps as is. The paint is pretty poor when you're up close. I'd like to clean it up a bit. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I got the frame itself is back together and everything has been painted.  I just need to bolt it all back together.  This year has been very busy and there really hasn’t been any time for the truck.  I need to order some rims and tires and I still need to round up parts for the rears like all the brake parts, airbags, shocks. Etc, etc. I’ve been saying this for almost 3 years but it should come together pretty quick.   I also put in for a little vacation time in December so hopefully I can get this project moving soon.  Thanks for inquiring, how is your project going?  Andy

• 5 months later...

Andy, you ever find more info on the N.E. Dragway gasser meet at Epping?  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

23 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

Yes, I posted it in this thread.  I talked to my buddy, I can PM you his number if you want.  Andy

Thank you, please do.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE