1969 International F210D

hurstscrambler

• 3 weeks later...

To save my life I can’t resize photos to post them.  I have the PS fender on the truck and the air cleaner is on so the truck is safe and easy to move around the yard.  It is going in for an alignment and hopefully some other small repairs at a local shop.  It fits on my friends low bed by about an inch which is a relief.  Still a lot to do, but I’m trying to get it insured so I can get some plates put on it.  I have a few questions that I’m hoping to get some help with.  

-I’m having some trouble with the clutch.  The clutch brake, which is new only engages a little bit and you have to bury the clutch pedal.  I tried to adjust more throw into the pedal but the adjustment is maxed out on the clevis yokes that attach the pedal to the cross shaft arm.  Another issues is that the main box goes in and out of gear pretty easily but sometimes it is difficult to pull it out of gear even when the clutch is full engaged.  The auxiliary box is very difficult to get out of gear when the truck is stopped and clutch is depressed.  It feels as though the clutch isn’t fully releasing, and due to the additional linkage involved with the auxiliary it sort of binds with that extra strain in the driveline.  I have no experience adjusting clutches on trucks like this, where do I start?  It is an Eaton clutch 107063 59MO G00.

-I need a set of rear fenders either half or full.  I want something that won’t look out of place, so stainless or painted steel.  Any suggestions?  I’m hoping to find something at a reasonable cost.  

-Is there a source for tachometer and speedometer cables out there?  They both appear to be pretty basic but I’ve yet to find a place that will make them up.  

Thanks, Andy

1 hour ago, hurstscrambler said:

To save my life I can’t resize photos to post them.  I have the PS fender on the truck and the air cleaner is on so the truck is safe and easy to move around the yard.  It is going in for an alignment and hopefully some other small repairs at a local shop.  It fits on my friends low bed by about an inch which is a relief.  Still a lot to do, but I’m trying to get it insured so I can get some plates put on it.  I have a few questions that I’m hoping to get some help with.  

-I’m having some trouble with the clutch.  The clutch brake, which is new only engages a little bit and you have to bury the clutch pedal.  I tried to adjust more throw into the pedal but the adjustment is maxed out on the clevis yokes that attach the pedal to the cross shaft arm.  Another issues is that the main box goes in and out of gear pretty easily but sometimes it is difficult to pull it out of gear even when the clutch is full engaged.  The auxiliary box is very difficult to get out of gear when the truck is stopped and clutch is depressed.  It feels as though the clutch isn’t fully releasing, and due to the additional linkage involved with the auxiliary it sort of binds with that extra strain in the driveline.  I have no experience adjusting clutches on trucks like this, where do I start?  It is an Eaton clutch 107063 59MO G00.

The clutches I worked on in the 80s and 90s had an adjustment on the clutch brake, did you look at that? They had a bolt-in tab that you would remove and then use a pry bar to rotate a threaded collar inside the pressure plate. I believe the spec on those was 1/2" between the clutch brake and throwout bearing.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...