.Why me???

Superdog

Sorry about your luck. In other news Mack just in the last month announced 2v remack engines and heads and no longer available. The heads were made unavailable last summer and now the complete engines. Quality is down across the board on just about every brand. I've seen muzzle loader cylinder kits that's suppose to be drop in ready have all the ring gaps in a line.....aleast they are working with you. Shouldn't it be under warranty since it's a remack? 

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:20 AM, Superdog said:

My son picked up the red Superliner from local Mack dealer last Thurs. afternoon after spending nearly 5 weeks in shop getting a new Re-man E6-350 engine,hauled 1 load of hogs to Ottumwa,other than a fuel leak all was fine,2 loads to Beardstown Fri.,2 this Mon. On the way home Mon. day,new engine blew up. Tow it in,Tues. a.m. to dealer ,get it in shop,they started at top,found 2 bent push rods. I tried to get them to drop pan,but they pissed around waiting on new push rods,put them in basically for nothing,yesterday afternoon finally got them to pull the pan, to find a twisted rod and a bunch of shrapnel,WTF!!! Needless to say I'm beyond pissed,spent $35000 ,everything under hood new and didn't get 2000 miles!! 

Mack are not the best engines.But if they just been reman you have to baby them.

Edited by Richard

This is the reason I find a old older Mack in good shape I buy it then figure what to do with it just bought a77- DM-685 with 283 hp 6- speed  no air lines cab in perfect shape and frame frog leg new rear springs  new tires all the way around and we are painting the cab & nose this wknd so we can put another 500K  with no warranty problemo you brake you fix and we bought a 77-R685 in perfect shape just needs paint on the out side . Back in late 80s we sent a tractor for crack block by dip stick and front rear end housing had been leaking over two months it took them to decide whether or not to change at the time we where thinking at buying another 50+ tractors then somebody woke up needles to say we started to do are own work we did buy the CH-613 s radiators- fuel linkage -ring & pinions -air compressors - paint -minor a few problemo's

Ed

5 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Right down to most everything produced now it is NOT built to last as it did just even 20 years ago. Wonder if that is the same train of thought with Mike's engine. It may have been built to last the first time but... the old guy needs to get a new truck every 5 years now... not. It is possible that the quality is not in the parts being used or skilled people now days and not to expect yesterday's quality and care with today's standards. We are old farts living in the past and fading with the Quality we once knew and expected.

I'm not too old fart as I feel myself but I'm far from to accept things as they are now about quality.

I read and hear such stories from many people from different parts of the globe. With some point though. From people who use to think on matters of issues they meet and know a reasons of why things are as they are.

I TOO WONDER how long it will go this way and what those things will be in the nearest future. Our life goes too fast and we might get technical collapse soon or something else.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Everything has been made of inferior quality components whether for environmental reasons but remember the corporations bottom line comes first so the stockholders and most importantly the CEO make lots of money. The workforce is been stretched very thin someone quits don't replace them just make the others work harder people are getting tired of it and in a lot of instances the lack of quality comes from lack of pride in a job well done. Very few get bonuses anymore just make me more money and quit bitching is the companies attitude now days or the standard line no raises just be happy you have a job people are getting fed up with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

I'm glad to hear they are gonna take care of you, hopefully they actually do.  Andy

Thanks for the kind thought but... NO they are not taking care of me now or ever probably. I am not taking care of them anymore without a drastic change in their attitudes!! They can live in the house for a few years but the rest is on them. Hope they figure it out before they start living under a bridge somewhere... :wacko:

I worked my ass off 70-80 hours a week for 25-30 years to get ahead. I found satisfaction in making my own way taking the good with the bad and knowing that no one else was going to help me get ahead. They don't have a clue but to beg, sorry demand, for money and once they get a little forget how I am. Well it works both ways from where I come from. They are young men so start acting like one. I did my best to raise them right..but Affluenza is really messing up their brains. I started a little rough in my youth, and did not come from much, but straitened out quick once my brain turned on around age 20-21... so I hope. :thumb:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

Ha-ha, I meant the mack dealer taking care of Mike.  But I hope your kids come around too.  I think some kids get babied a little too long these days, but they still may come around.  Good luck on both accounts.  Andy

Boy, I miss read that post, The dealer should stand behind an engine failure on that Reman and be kissing his ass. Put the repair on the fast track and do a few service and oil changes for free just to check that all is OK.

• Like 2

I hope the dealer and the company does the right thing. I was at Gabrellie this morning and asked my old time parts guy about the Remack engines, he asked me if it was factory  or a dealer Remack. Didn't know there was different versions them.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The Mack reman engines come with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I would think if the quality was crap then the warranty would be much shorter. I've installed and overhauled more Mack engines than you could shake a stick at and have experienced very few issues with remack products. If we did have a problem then the remack center was all over it to make sure the customer was taken care of. The majority of issues we have seen is when customers use reman products from other sources. I don't think there is a problem with quality control at the Mack reman center. If there was I think we would be seeing a lot more failures.  As far as with the OP, he should not have any problems because it is well within the warranty period, unless the failure was determined to be due to operator error. 

• Like 1