Finally time to start assembly.

I have seen that mod. done on the draglink on many trucks. If it is done right the repair is just as good as the original part. I have done that more than once and I thought little about it. As far as the dot half of them wouldn't know what to look at and the other half would be to busy checking that your license plate light is working. Hobert I like what your doing to that truck now you need to add powersteering .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

Starbucks?

What Luke Skyewalker did with Princess Leia.   :P

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Fair warning...........DON'T drink anything like 7up/Sprite and ride in a B model.   I learned that long ago, but the g/f found out one night after chugging down the last of a can and we then left the track one night.  Oh boy.....it makes you feel like a bottle of coke with a Mentos dropped in..........:o

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

19 minutes ago, BillyT said:

Hobert that insurance is really reasonable, but you gotta break your wife of drinking that yuppie coffee!😁

It was some kind of cold coffe in a bottle.    I know I'm not a real man but I don't drink coffee at all.   I'm just amazed she went for a ride and only complaind that it stank inside once!

• 1 month later...

Here's the finished drag link.  I'm happy with results.   New steering arm raised everything inline and the drag link from the sterling I got the new brakes from had the perfect bend. All I did was shorten it and put the mack end on to fit pitman arm.  image.thumb.jpg.548f2b38033c55450d750d462ab5665e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.79fbd3272d7667d9a654ab8b964fbba5.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.50583a0415cf5e065fffa032b4c1a97f.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

image.thumb.jpg.ee425143bf5f06fb784041508659b49d.jpgI mixed some rustoluem to try and match the old red paint and got pretty close.    I put Watt's stainless mirror brackets on and they fit close but hit the rain gutter on passenger side.      

image.thumb.jpg.62eb92046a105e3ba0728ca1d85ad635.jpgim going to have to open some holes up in the top of the door and I should be able to adjust it.  

Edited by Hobert62

Red looks real close, dang near perfect!  Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hobert that insurance is really reasonable, but you gotta break your wife of drinking that yuppie coffee!😁I noticed that some rust oleum paint cans recommend acetone as a thinner, some don't,I've only sprayed it once( on a garden tractor) with acetone worked fine! Maybe ordinary reducer dilutes the fish oil base?

Took truck to a local fire company's car show on Sunday.     Long story short a guy gave me a set of thermodyne emblems.    Now I think I have all emblems on my hood, but on both sides there is 1 extra hole above thermodyne.   Any idea what goes there?

image.thumb.jpg.38080477456e59bc972dfadfc297eadb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.22b0d76646839338aa68c6156f6300db.jpg