Finally time to start assembly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

Out of likes, Hobert! She's looking great! Got to be fun to drive with a wheelbase like that,I mean "smooth" fun!  Al

Thanks,     Goes down the road really nice and straight.   Guess my tape measure held out when I put it back together.    According to GPS tops out at 62.7 mph @ 2100.  A little tighter steering cut would be nice though.          

• 4 weeks later...

image.jpgfound a front rockwell axle from a fld freightliner.  It has the same center pin distance. It is going to move the tires out 2" further on each side (mine stick in the fender 4" currently".       I should be able to lower the front an 1" or 2".    For $100 it's worth a shot.   

3 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

image.jpgfound a front rockwell axle from a fld freightliner.  It has the same center pin distance. It is going to move the tires out 2" further on each side (mine stick in the fender 4" currently".       I should be able to lower the front an 1" or 2".    For $100 it's worth a shot.   

Truck is a beauty.  Just out of curiosity-what is motivation for this?   Yeah-old spokes forever guy:rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ifound the steering arm I want to use to get my drag link basically straight.  Only problem is its on our Ottawa jockey truck at work.  It comes out of the knuckle straight then the drag link sits on the top.   most others I've been seeing come from the bottom.  Local vo-tech kids are having a car show at the high school Sunday that I want to attend, it's less then 1 mile so I decided to just make a stepped drag link.   image.thumb.jpg.b3b4790cc103a75c9c3212abefc8c130.jpg it turned out alright, i added a gusset  when I removed it to weld.     My lack of lights limited my test drive but everything worked well.    The new lower stance of the truck is nice, I don't have to unhook the garage door and hold it up with a vise grips to gain an extra  1 1/2".  image.thumb.jpg.1fc4ee294b89b635b320da0191f2db5c.jpg 

image.jpg

I'd put a triangle shaped  gusset on the back outside bend by the steering box. there is too big a potential for too much flex there!   Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

I'd put a triangle shaped  gusset on the back outside bend by the steering box. there is too big a potential for too much flex there!   Paul

Like this?image.thumb.jpg.ede1b46d0d7b5fbd29a21aee8737cc68.jpg

• Like 2

:thumb:  :thumb:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

The drag like will get changed.  This is only temporary.     Had a great time at the car show today.  Mostly rainy, good food and lots of people to b.s. with.    Lots of thumbs up and compliments on the truck.   It actually got 1st place in special interest  class !

image.thumb.jpg.a9ea781751c80b996f02db15dd270935.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.8c155b9bf796547bc22e53b81a776b82.jpg

Congrats!

• Like 2