My Mack Vision maiden voyage

Your just the one to ask!....... Don't you need a head board/cab protector when you pull a trailer like that? l see them all the time up here in NH without one. The truck is nice with that stretched out look.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2016 at 9:34 PM, 70mackMB said:

Your just the one to ask!....... Don't you need a head board/cab protector when you pull a trailer like that? l see them all the time up here in NH without one. The truck is nice with that stretched out look.

No, a headboard is optional on open deck trailers.  If you are hauling cargo other than vehicles you just need to put additional securement to the front of the load.  For cars, no special requirements apply, however with a 53 foot high mount trailer like mine many states do not allow you to have any overhang to the front or rear of the trailer, so you can be limited with regards to what legally fits.

On 4/5/2016 at 7:17 AM, Timmyb said:

Did you weld up all the holes that were no longer needed? Is there any special way to do it?

Truck looks nice, good job!

Yes, the extra holes in the frame were welded, as for the method I do not know but will ask the guy who did the welding for me.  I couldn't get two pieces of metal to stick together if my life depended on it, I have a few friends who are professional welders that take care of that.