Had some spare parts............

66dc75

Great work!

What power window kit did you use?  Looks like a universal kinda set up?  I've seen them but wondered how tall they were and if you could get them shoved down in the door once mounted to the panel.

I tried to mock up a Ford window motor right to the original Mack regulator since the teeth look to be identical and would mesh fine.  Only problem there is no room up top without getting in the way of getting the door panel back in the door again.

Have you seen these?

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Universal-Electric-Power-Window-Switch,52770.html

9100679_L_9d0b67fc-a29b-44d8-9263-07c3eb

Allows you to put the stock window crank back on and just move it up/down to operate the windows.  Not cheap by any means, but if I do end up converting mine I think I will do it.  Granted you can't do both windows from the drivers side, but for the most part I leave my windows up with the a/c running!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks Larry, The  window kit I got on ebay from Gearhead Enterprises in Iowa. It does flat glass only and I had plenty of room to get the whole thing in bolted to the door panel. I just had to loosen the bolts holding the new regulator and then tighten them after I got everything situated. They seem to work pretty good so far.The whole kit was only $125. I wanted the window crank switches too but they were way too expensive. You need to go with a worm drive cable because that just curls up inside the door and makes for more clearance.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 3:56 PM, 66dc75 said:

OK so I'm almost ready to register this thing and get an inspection sticker before the end of September when big brother and the state of Calichusetts implements the new inspection sticker regulations Oct. 1.

The new sticker machines are hooked up to live streaming cameras and an outside contractor working for the State of Ma. will be watching from a cubicle someplace making sure that a fine tooth comb is used on everything. From what I've been told no deviations from stock are allowed. all emissions stuff must be present. I want to get this truck through at least once under the existing system because I have a hard time believing the big brother representatives on the other end of the camera are actually qualified to know what they are looking at an will cause me nothing but trouble when they see a Mack body on a Chevy chassis. I hope that once it;s gone through once I'll have an easier time next year.

Today I got the toolboxes mounted, battery, cables and batt disconnect in. interior is all buttoned up. made up a temp rear light panel. and did some mockup to get measurements for the bed sides and front bumper.

2017-09-15 07.29.33.jpg

2017-09-16 11.35.04.jpg

2017-09-16 11.35.12.jpg

2017-09-16 11.39.58.jpg

2017-09-16 11.40.10.jpg

2017-09-16 11.40.36.jpg

2017-09-16 11.42.18.jpg

2017-09-16 11.42.36.jpg

I have a solution for the inspection issue. Give the truck to me to register in VA where inspections of antiques is not required. You will have full visitation rights and custody on alternating week ends. Better yet I'll register it in SC where no inspections of any vehicle is required.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On 9/16/2017 at 4:42 AM, Hobert62 said:

Really?? I can almost adjust my passenger side mirror from the drivers seat. 

Well, I can reach across and get the window down.  Even get the mirror if I really want to.  Be much easier without THREE Sticks coming up in the middle of the floor!!!

• Like 1

Larry

On 9/14/2017 at 3:50 PM, 66dc75 said:

Thanks Larry, The  window kit I got on ebay from Gearhead Enterprises in Iowa. It does flat glass only and I had plenty of room to get the whole thing in bolted to the door panel. I just had to loosen the bolts holding the new regulator and then tighten them after I got everything situated. They seem to work pretty good so far.The whole kit was only $125. I wanted the window crank switches too but they were way too expensive. You need to go with a worm drive cable because that just curls up inside the door and makes for more clearance.

Thanks for the info.   I've seen the Speedway universal kits, but they don't have cable drive and the track looks like it sticks way too far down to clear the door panel getting back in the door.  I'll check into Gearhead and maybe that will be a project for this winter?

Larry

8 hours ago, fxfymn said:

I have a solution for the inspection issue. Give the truck to me to register in VA where inspections of antiques is not required. You will have full visitation rights and custody on alternating week ends. Better yet I'll register it in SC where no inspections of any vehicle is required.

I'll take that under advisement.

On 9/16/2017 at 3:56 PM, 66dc75 said:

OK so I'm almost ready to register this thing and get an inspection sticker before the end of September when big brother and the state of Calichusetts implements the new inspection sticker regulations Oct. 1.

The new sticker machines are hooked up to live streaming cameras and an outside contractor working for the State of Ma. will be watching from a cubicle someplace making sure that a fine tooth comb is used on everything. From what I've been told no deviations from stock are allowed. all emissions stuff must be present. I want to get this truck through at least once under the existing system because I have a hard time believing the big brother representatives on the other end of the camera are actually qualified to know what they are looking at an will cause me nothing but trouble when they see a Mack body on a Chevy chassis. I hope that once it;s gone through once I'll have an easier time next year.

It's VIN show it  as a Mack or a GM? 

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

40 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

Using the GM VIN

We have had the camera system in NY for about 10 years, you would be amazed how the focus is affected  by a water pistol.   :)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

41 and I will be glad to keep it on alternating wknds.😁 we have NO state inspection in fla,some of the more populated counties have an emissions test only,but I believe if it's over 20 yrs old no tests at all!,however here in Hernando there are no tests at all!, The main reason I put up with an occasional hurricane😁 they let you drive ANYTHING! Here.Some dude has about a 17 ft wooden boat with  a car chassis under it drives it every where! 66 do they make you meet the original emissions specs of the chassis your truck is built on? If your chassis becomes so old (20yrs?) Is it no longer required to be emissions tested? By the way I believe your A Car is my favorite vintage truck on this site! and that's saying something!

• Like 2