Had some spare parts............

66dc75

• 2 weeks later...

Got bodywork and primer done on the cab. Had to find and drill out and tap the grab handle holes. Top bolts were broken off and covered with bondo, bottom bolts were ripped right out and a patch had been welded in. Found a Napa that mixed the green spray paint that I saw on here.
Did a test spay on dash panel, stuff goes on nice. Paint is coming this week, hope to get the cab sprayed and back on the frame in the next week or so.

2016-04-13 16.46.32.jpg

2016-04-13 16.46.45.jpg

2016-04-13 16.46.13.jpg

• Like 2

That is going to be an impressive conversion, defiantly will not look cobbled together.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

Got the brakelines and master cylinder finished up, started pricing cab lights, not too much curved base stuff out there anymore. I found a full set of nos kd517s for my A-car when I did that over, glad I saved the old ones. The chrome is flaking off, tried some "chrome paint" on the inside of one, don't know if I should just leave them as is or use the paint. Air horns were real rough painted them white. I think this will look pretty good against the black cab. Going to rework and extend the transfer case shift lever so it will look like a duplex. I've got to come up with an electric windshield wiper motor that can work with the Mack wiper transmission.

2016-05-03 17.11.46.jpg

2016-05-03 17.11.58.jpg

2016-05-03 17.12.32.jpg

2016-05-03 17.14.15.jpg

• Like 2

For your marker lights go to www.restorationspecialties.com - great people to deal with, they have the reproduction rubber mounts/bases for the clearance lights and the hollow rubber seals for the doors, (see the hollow tube on home page) we have fitted the hollow rubber seal on our B model cab, much better door closing and also a good seal for air coming thru, the solid door rubber does not give an tight seal.

With the clearance lights you can fit LED replacement globes, we have fitted them, tight fit but some adjustments and they will go in and when you put the glass or plastic lens into the frame the LED's will be held in place 

Great project, like the flat fire wall

for the clearance light pads at restoration specialties it is a bit hard to find - go to the catalog PDF and scroll to page 60 - there you will find them, these are the correct rubber pads for your clearance lights and also comes with the sponge type seal as well, you can send an email with your lights,

They are a family business and very helpful

9 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

for the clearance light pads at restoration specialties it is a bit hard to find - go to the catalog PDF and scroll to page 60 - there you will find them, these are the correct rubber pads for your clearance lights and also comes with the sponge type seal as well, you can send an email with your lights,

They are a family business and very helpful

Thank's, I started to cut my own foam rubber gaskets last night, wasn't too happy with them.