Had some spare parts............

66dc75

2 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Great work so far.

I just used one of those EZ Wire harnesses in a 41 Willys project I'm working on.  Pretty nice stuff, all marked wires.  Only bad was the kit I had to use was the 21 circuit and the fuse panel has NO markings on it.  You have to guess what fuse is what.  I see you got the more typical GM style fuse panel unit(like 12 circuit?).  Much better.  I got roped into this project after it was started, so I had to work with what was there.  Though as tight as this little car is that little fuse panel fit better then then that big GM style.

IMG_20150521_195755_842_zpsx14dt0z7.jpg

(notice LOTS of yellow tape to better mark the wires for what they are.  Reading that little print gets hard on the eyes)

IMG_20150521_195814_717_zpsywcyrlya.jpg

I think you are thinking of Speedway Motors for your parts place in Iowa?  They have pretty good catalogs for stuff to build hot rods with.

I noticed you have a very similar underdash air unit that I have in my truck.

IMG_20141228_162906_216_zps1ebf34d7.jpg

Mine was from Retro Air in Texas.  Don't worry, it will FREEZE you out of the cab!  Mine works really well and priced right.

Yeah. the ez wiring looks like it going to work real nice, they made the  Dolphin gauge set also. I had to use a magnifying glass to read the wires when I ran them in the right directions yesterday. The fuse box is all marked well. I got the heat / A/C kit on ebay for less than $600. I gotta ramp the pace of this little project up so I can take it to our show in October.

• 1 month later...

Made some slight progress, got the windshield wiper motor mounted and linked up, not perfect sweep but it works. Mounted a 12 volt computer fan to the defroster vent as there is no provisions for a defroster on the heat/ac unit moves air pretty good for it's size. Looking for wipers arms, the wedge shaped spacers, shaft nuts etc. for the wiper shafts. I've looked everywhere for mine but they seem to have disappeared.

2016-08-21 08.43.15.jpg

2016-08-21 08.43.26.jpg

2016-08-21 08.43.47.jpg

2016-08-21 10.35.45.jpg

2016-08-21 10.35.52.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

The acorn nuts and adapters I can do but $400 plus for arms and blades is a killer.

Go to Chevs of the 40's   Paul

https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/dept/Wiper/cat/Arms+%26+Blades.html

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

That's exactly what I did with my first B-model a few years back.  Couldn't for the life of me find "Mack" wiper blades or arms, and after doing a bunch of research found a Chevy pickup model from the late 30s or early 40s that used exactly the same setup, and found them at a Chevy Specialty site for a lot less than $400.

I have that information written down somewhere.  If I can find that model and year, I'll pass it along.  But that truck's been gone for more than a dozen years now, so it'll be a lucky find if I can put my hands on it at this point.  But 41Chevy's got you on the right track.....

• Like 1

Well shame on me Rich-I finally discovered this thread-and looked at it from beginning-  Outstanding job-you have been hiding your light under a bushel basket!  And some of you asked early on if  "66DC75" was going to be at the photo shoot at Macungie-he was-go to shot and two guys in lime shirts on left side of  Mack (above "Big Mack" letters are Rich aka 66DC75 on left and shorter uglier guy to right is yours truly.

Great job Rich-keep the updates coming-for sure will be at Lancaster on 10/16!

7 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Well shame on me Rich-I finally discovered this thread-and looked at it from beginning-  Outstanding job-you have been hiding your light under a bushel basket!  And some of you asked early on if  "66DC75" was going to be at the photo shoot at Macungie-he was-go to shot and two guys in lime shirts on left side of  Mack (above "Big Mack" letters are Rich aka 66DC75 on left and shorter uglier guy to right is yours truly.

Great job Rich-keep the updates coming-for sure will be at Lancaster on 10/16!

Thanks Bob, now that I finished my wife's VW I'm going to start cranking on the truck project again.

Before and after beetle photos.

2016-08-28 15.09.10.jpg

2016-07-07 17.35.48.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/30/2016 at 8:47 AM, 66dc75 said:

Thanks Bob, now that I finished my wife's VW I'm going to start cranking on the truck project again.

Before and after beetle photos.

Very nice  Rich.  I assumed you would be cranking on the B but I would say "smart move" .  That the original VW orange?  the before shot looks every bit as good as you had described.

5 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Very nice  Rich.  I assumed you would be cranking on the B but I would say "smart move" .  That the original VW orange?  the before shot looks every bit as good as you had described.

Had to use Porsche orange, closest match to original color which ain't available any more.

It was her b-day present so I wanted to get it done quick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Well I got back at it and made some progress, Plumbed the A/C and heat, made a lexan fan shroud and mounted the electric fan, painted and mounted the shutters and started to get the wiring octopus under control.

2016-09-11 09.28.55.jpg

2016-09-11 09.43.45.jpg

2016-09-11 11.45.20.jpg

2016-09-11 11.45.29.jpg

2016-09-11 11.45.39.jpg

2016-09-11 11.45.53.jpg

2016-09-11 11.45.59.jpg

Looking good Rich- I dunno-that beautiful red frame just might look good with something other than flat blacK????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Haven't had any time to work on this for the last few months but I got a couple of things done, sound deadener, cut the carpet, had the edges bound and started on the rear interior panel. I got a nice set of seats out of a nearly new Ford Fusion for 50 bucks, I think they will work nice. Need to get a seat mounted so I can test drive it up and down the street before I paint and hang the front sheetmetal.

Rich,

Beautiful-great progress-hope to see it at first winter meeting in January!

• 2 weeks later...