Had some spare parts............

66dc75

3 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I don't know how I missed this until now........This is gonna be friggen awesome!!!

Where are you located? Can you make Macungie with this???

I'm just south of Boston, Getting real busy with work so although I'll be at Macungie I probably won't have this finished in time.

19 hours ago, wingman said:

Great job, keep the posts coming! Could you possibly give me the Napa paint code for the interior green? Thanks, Bob

Photos of the interior green paint code from Napa

20160507_133312.jpg

20160507_133308.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grayhair said:

Looking very nice!!  What master cylinder did you use?  And, wondering how you decided exactly which one would work best.  Thanks.

It was a whole kit from an ebay speed shop in Iowa, they call it a corvette style master cylinder with a double diaphram booster it came with a brake pedal and bracket. I used the same booster and master on my 57 IH 2 ton and it locks the brakes right up (one of these days I'll get a proportioning valve on that thing and get it adjusted right)

I like those gauges too.  Did you get them as a set, or individually?  If it was a set, I'd be interested to know which set and which wiring harness....  The gauges in by B85F are not original, and what they put in were just boring Stewart Warners.  These would be a nice improvement if I can match them all up, and they aren't too difficult for a non-electrical person to figure out how to wire up.

10 hours ago, Mack58B42 said:

I like those gauges too.  Did you get them as a set, or individually?  If it was a set, I'd be interested to know which set and which wiring harness....  The gauges in by B85F are not original, and what they put in were just boring Stewart Warners.  These would be a nice improvement if I can match them all up, and they aren't too difficult for a non-electrical person to figure out how to wire up.

It came as a full set,google Dolphin Gauges in Florida. I would think their mechanical speedo set would work on the firetruck. I got the electronic one with a GM pulse generator so I can adjust it easier (I hope). I think the mechanical set is about $230. I got the universal wiring harness from them too $185 and that looks pretty well made. Won't know how the gauges work for a little while, there were only a few reviews online but people seemed happy with them.

What is the gauge below the water temp gauge to the right of the Tach? 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

It came as a full set,google Dolphin Gauges in Florida. I would think their mechanical speedo set would work on the firetruck. I got the electronic one with a GM pulse generator so I can adjust it easier (I hope). I think the mechanical set is about $230. I got the universal wiring harness from them too $185 and that looks pretty well made. Won't know how the gauges work for a little while, there were only a few reviews online but people seemed happy with them.

Thanks!  I may try the speedo and see how that goes......

5 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

will you need a air pressure gauge?  if not how about a vacuum gauge it will come in more handy than a air gauge if you dont need one 

looking great to me 

Paul

Actually thats a good idea, I am putting an electric compressor and small tank in just for the air horns but I don't think that really requires monitored air pressure.

This got me thinking maybe a trans temp gauge, I'm going to check to see if they make a matching one.

• 1 month later...

Finally got caught up enough with work to be able to make some progress on this.
 painted the cab interior, got the gas pedal mounted and hooked up, bled the brakes, cut in the stereo, and got the clearance lights on . next up the pile of spaghetti hanging from the dash.

2016-07-12 15.55.33.jpg

2016-07-12 15.55.36.jpg

2016-07-12 15.56.24.jpg

2016-07-12 15.56.27.jpg

• Like 1

Great work so far.

I just used one of those EZ Wire harnesses in a 41 Willys project I'm working on.  Pretty nice stuff, all marked wires.  Only bad was the kit I had to use was the 21 circuit and the fuse panel has NO markings on it.  You have to guess what fuse is what.  I see you got the more typical GM style fuse panel unit(like 12 circuit?).  Much better.  I got roped into this project after it was started, so I had to work with what was there.  Though as tight as this little car is that little fuse panel fit better then then that big GM style.

IMG_20150521_195755_842_zpsx14dt0z7.jpg

(notice LOTS of yellow tape to better mark the wires for what they are.  Reading that little print gets hard on the eyes)

IMG_20150521_195814_717_zpsywcyrlya.jpg

I think you are thinking of Speedway Motors for your parts place in Iowa?  They have pretty good catalogs for stuff to build hot rods with.

I noticed you have a very similar underdash air unit that I have in my truck.

IMG_20141228_162906_216_zps1ebf34d7.jpg

Mine was from Retro Air in Texas.  Don't worry, it will FREEZE you out of the cab!  Mine works really well and priced right.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"