Global Ford Ranger

kscarbel2

11 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Given that Ford's PR hacks described the F750 tractor as a "trailer towing truck", I suspect anyone at Ford USA that understands big trucks long ago retired.

Hah- how true.  I have been all over that stupid terminology on the BON site ever since they first used the term.  It speaks volumes as to how clueless they are.  

• Like 1

Ford is also sure the heck doing a great job of losing a lot of the current Ranger owners who have been longing for a new Ranger for too long. As the owner of a late 90s Ranger I was expecting diesel power and at least a 6' bed. Other Ranger owners want manual transmissions, serious off road capability, and some work truck capacity. But compared to my current Ranger (4WD 3.0 7' bed), looks like the new Ranger will give me a few MPG better at the loss of a useful sized bed and probably payload capacity too. I suspect a lot of other Ranger owners join me in saying "Why bother, I'll stick with my old Ranger!". 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My current ranger is, my work truck, a 94 xlt extra cab 4x4, 4.0 v6 auto with a 6 foot bed and every heavy duty option.

My issues with it are it does not like to go fast, it likes 70 not 80, it needs more power and gears and the extra cab needs to be a 4 door crew cab.

I would like more power, better cargo weigh capacity and towing capacity.

I absolutely need a 6 foot bed for some of my tools.

So if the new ranger does not have the options I need I will simply get a new cap for the old ranger and possibly a paint job

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
12 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

I continue to be amazed at just how badly Ford screwed up the U.S. market Ranger- Sits too high just to look cool, tiny pickup box, and even with the 4 cylinder engine it weights more than a similar spec F150!

Both the global Ford Ranger pickup and the Everest SUV are tall......the top of the hood is quite high. But I like it.

they are good units. the one we have at work already has close to 60,000 miles on it in 8 months. 

not one issue with it yet. 

plenty of power too.

pulls a cat 262 skid loader with miller head , bucket, and sweeper head on the trailer with no problems at all. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

13 hours ago, TS7 said:

I see a lot of Rangers on the road here, must be selling good. What do you think Kscarbel?

I’m always looking but rarely see one. 

I think the lack of drivetrain options is an issue.

It’s odd the 2.0L and 3.2L diesels aren’t offered.

While Ford holds out for $30-40k prices for Rangers, the plant that builds them is running at no where near capacity. Given that that plant has a bunch of fixed costs whether it builds 50,000 or 200,000 Rangers a year, Ford should quit trying to tell the customer what they want and offer more options and trim levels to build volume.

• Like 1