Global Ford Ranger

kscarbel2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Red Horse said:

So Kevin- What is that boom truck.  doesn't look like any Cargo I have seen.  By the way-that stability control video is impressive-do the GM twins have that feature?-or Tacoma??

Bob, that's a medium-duty Hino 500 Series (with the logo covered).  The Cargo isn't marketed in Australia.

http://www.hino.com.au/500/

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

Bob, that's a medium-duty Hino 500 Series (with the logo covered).  The Cargo isn't marketed in Australia.

http://www.hino.com.au/500/

Thx- well credit to the Aussie Ford guys for covering the logo-the US guys would not have bothered!  Good looking Hino-probably a matter of time before we see that here.

Haven't read of a V6 option in the current Ranger, but I've been told that the Ecoboost V6 will fit and will likely appear in a high performance Ranger. One of the problems with the current overhead cam Ford V8s is that they're probably too wide to fit in the Ranger and that width is the reason Ford based the last couple Mustangs on the wide body 67 model rather than the skinnier original 64 1/2 model. With the narrower 60 degree V6 Ecoboost engine, Ford could build a proper reproduction of the original 64 1/2 Mustang again, as well as a high performance Ranger.

5 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Haven't read of a V6 option in the current Ranger, but I've been told that the Ecoboost V6 will fit and will likely appear in a high performance Ranger. One of the problems with the current overhead cam Ford V8s is that they're probably too wide to fit in the Ranger and that width is the reason Ford based the last couple Mustangs on the wide body 67 model rather than the skinnier original 64 1/2 model. With the narrower 60 degree V6 Ecoboost engine, Ford could build a proper reproduction of the original 64 1/2 Mustang again, as well as a high performance Ranger.

A V-6 isn't necessary. The Ranger and Everest are available with a new 2.0-liter turbocharged (twin-scroll) EcoBoost with high pressure direct injection that has the power and torque of a 3.5-liter V-6 (per Ford). I've heard 250hp and 270 lb/ft. That 4-cylinder is all you need.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kscarbel is Ford the World sales leader in light trucks with F-150, Ranger and Transit? What about Transit is it best selling Van in the World?

Ten years ago I'd say Toyota. But today, leading brands of light trucks in China are generating high volume.