Saved another 1985 Mack RWL788LST

5 hours ago, Superdog said:

Superliners are addictive aren't they?

Yes they are

Any idea what that round thing on the rocker arm with the wire is?  The fitting on the side of the block was leaking ouil so I stsrted jacking around with it and realized it had a wire connected on the inside so I took the valve cover off.  

20160317_164341.thumb.jpeg.e43b3b2b1e90a

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

21 minutes ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Yes they are

Any idea what that round thing on the rocker arm with the wire is?  The fitting on the side of the block was leaking ouil so I stsrted jacking around with it and realized it had a wire connected on the inside so I took the valve cover off.  

20160317_164341.thumb.jpeg.e43b3b2b1e90a

Isnt that what controls your jake?

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

10 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Isnt that what controls your jake?

That is what I thought but I don't have any switches and the PO said he does not know anything about it having one.  Not sure now if the engine was swapped out.  I looked up parts on the PAI site and I am going to see about finding everything to make it work.  I know a lot off people say that the dynatard really does not do to much but looks like most of the parts I need will be under $100. 

• Like 1

Robert

Just finally caught a $$ brake on everything I have to fix.  $3 for the roll and $16 for shipping.  Quoted $14.81 at Mack per foot ((Hood Welting for the Cowl)).  I paid $11.86 last spring when I bought some for the 1978 RWL from Mack.  Hopefully there is enough for the next Superliner.

20160318_154359.thumb.jpeg.966d42e7dedb7

• Like 2

Robert

5 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Just finally caught a $$ brake on everything I have to fix.  $3 for the roll and $16 for shipping.  Quoted $14.81 at Mack per foot ((Hood Welting for the Cowl)).  I paid $11.86 last spring when I bought some for the 1978 RWL from Mack.  Hopefully there is enough for the next Superliner.

20160318_154359.thumb.jpeg.966d42e7dedb7

where did you get this and is it 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide. I need some for my 83 and wasn't sure what it should have on it. Thanks

• Like 1

On 3/18/2016 at 6:42 AM, thomastractorsvc said:

That is what I thought but I don't have any switches and the PO said he does not know anything about it having one.  Not sure now if the engine was swapped out.  I looked up parts on the PAI site and I am going to see about finding everything to make it work.  I know a lot off people say that the dynatard really does not do to much but looks like most of the parts I need will be under $100. 

The key in making the Dynatard work is having the valves adjusted right.

On 3/19/2016 at 9:42 PM, keg1 said:

where did you get this and is it 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide. I need some for my 83 and wasn't sure what it should have on it. Thanks

I found it on a surplus website I looked for more but they didn't have anymore or I would have bought it all at that price.

Robert

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Looks good,Robert. That interior is nice! A clue that  someone  actually  gave a damn  along the  way. The elbow  grease,paint,and repairs you have done really show. Better than one of those "sensor-laden" new trucks  out there,for  sure. Good  luck! She's  a  keeper!  Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA