Probably the same most are used on L.I. Easier to use on job sites and most are larger capacity.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I don't see any rear discharge mixers in Ct. Why are they more popular out west

I hear front mixers are more expensive and harder to work on.

IMO, for big pours where you are just backing up to a big concrete pump, the lower first cost and lower operating cost of a rear discharge works. If you do a lot of residential construction work, moving around a job site to get all four sides (or more), tough to beat a front discharge. contractors once they get used to the speed of a pour with the driver up front, hydraulically directing the chute, discharge rate etc, tough to go back to a rear discharge. A lot less manual labor required with the front discharge.

Just an observation,but the big guys that do mostly commercial jobs in downtown Boston, seem to still buy rear discharge. the outfits that do more residential type stuff in the 'burbs, all seem to buy nothing but front discharge.

• Like 1

The front loaders are a lot easier around the residential jobs. The driver can move and pour at the same time. Plus there all wheel drive so it makes them more agile. They always stick the green horns in the rear loaders. Either that if you see a veteran driver in a rear loader you know he messed up.