Desperately need help with 2007 355/380

bulldogmack42

So about 3 weeks to a month ago I started getting a intermittent check engine light, but did not have a miss or loss of power, over the last couple of weeks truck seems to miss a little when idle and the light would come on after truck starts moving and stay on, the flash code is 8-4 Which if I am correct is eup #4 so I pulled it, checked wires for cut, broken, and rotted and replaced eup with new one, now engine runs the same and I still have check engine light so I'm at a loss as of what to do next. I have not had code entered into ecm yet but dont think that would cause light

You will need to ohm out the wires from the eecu to the unit pump. Most likely if there is a wiring issue it will be the ground as the unit pumps are ground controlled and 1,2,&3 share power and 4,5&6 share power. Also could be a defective eecu as I have had 2 with this issue in the last month. You will need to check the code to see if it is the same one or another one that could be having an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Check new code. Get the cal code programmed if it's on the same cylinder and check the wiring, especially visually across the back of the head where people like to leave the fucking clamp off the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update, I found the cause for my 8-4 code and it was in the wiring harness behind the oil filters, as TRH said "where people like to leave the f*#!;*# clamps off" 3 wires were rubbed nearly in to and grounded on the block. I for the life of me do not understand why people can't finish what they start, I mean come on people those clamps are there for a reason and not for looks...thanks to everybody who helped and guided me this is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable people who enjoy helping