Haines & Kibblehouse Picture Request

Hello,

I was hoping there might be a couple guys on here who could help me out with some pictures ?

After a recent cruise through Pennsylvania, I spotted a couple beautiful MACK's owned by Haines & Kibblehouse. Unfortunately at 70mph in the opposite direction, pitcures aren't an option...so a search on the internet led to lots of pics of their old MACK B-61 etc, but nothing of their new Granite dumps or CL700 lowboy tractors.

So, in hopes of finding some good pictures, I figured I ask here.....figured if there aren't any die-hard MACK guys here who have'nt got any pictures of a die-hard MACK company, than I'm simply not going to find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance for those of you who can offer up a little help,

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant supply any pictures

Some specs over the last 20 some years that he ordered from the factory.

RD's CAT

RW's CAT

CL's CAT

Absolutely no V8's

Then Mack said no to CAT in 98 or so.

CL's MACK 460 some xt's

I know of one CL with a cummins maybe 600.

Mack said no more CL.

Today it is CV MACK 460.

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Hello,

I was hoping there might be a couple guys on here who could help me out with some pictures ?

After a recent cruise through Pennsylvania, I spotted a couple beautiful MACK's owned by Haines & Kibblehouse. Unfortunately at 70mph in the opposite direction, pitcures aren't an option...so a search on the internet led to lots of pics of their old MACK B-61 etc, but nothing of their new Granite dumps or CL700 lowboy tractors.

So, in hopes of finding some good pictures, I figured I ask here.....figured if there aren't any die-hard MACK guys here who have'nt got any pictures of a die-hard MACK company, than I'm simply not going to find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance for those of you who can offer up a little help,

Ryan

post-2981-1228780285_thumb.jpg

Cant supply any pictures

Some specs over the last 20 some years that he ordered from the factory.

RD's CAT

RW's CAT

CL's CAT

Absolutely no V8's

Then Mack said no to CAT in 98 or so.

CL's MACK 460 some xt's

I know of one CL with a cummins maybe 600.

Mack said no more CL.

Today it is CV MACK 460.

That would explain why their older RDs don't sound like Macks. :P

Are all of their Granites Mack 460s? or just the tractors?

Also, does H&K have any of the newest Granites (CTP/GU)? When the MP Engines were first released, they interview someone from H&K talking about "their" new MP powered Granite, but they never really showed the truck, all you could see was the grille in the background. It appeared to be a Granite axle back.

That would explain why their older RDs don't sound like Macks. :P

Also, does H&K have any of the newest Granites (CTP/GU)? When the MP Engines were first released, they interview someone from H&K talking about "their" new MP powered Granite, but they never really showed the truck, all you could see was the grille in the background. It appeared to be a Granite axle back.

That would explain why their older RDs don't sound like Macks

The RD700 I speak of was from Locust Ridge Quarry it's in John Haines barn now.

Hazleton Site has sharp RD600 (Mack eng) running you mite have seem but no RD700.

CV low beds 460

CV dumps 427 unless it's an automatic then it will be 370 I think.

does H&K have any of the newest Granites (CTP/GU)? When the MP Engines were first released,

H&K and Mack Truck have a very good long relationship and history. They do a lot of testing for Mack Truck.

Bulldog mag had a big writeup a few years back.

Yes they have the newest and latest in Mack but they stay down south.

Right now H&K has been testing 2010 SCR engine for Mack.

http://www.mackscr.com/assets/mack/scr/pdf...icReduction.pdf

Thanks for the info! So does that mean that they had only one Cat powered RD?

And yes, I have seen Hazleton's RD600, I only wish I could catch it parked to get a pic of it.

Also, any idea why Pikes Creek Site Contractors have a few Kenworths? I remember they were originally red with grey boxes but were painted in the last year or so ago and now say "Pikes Creek Asphalt" on the door. Are these "private" contractors trucks?

I knew that H&K did some field tests for Mack. During the factory tours last spring most of the plant was blocked off due to the Titans in the building. The Mack Ambassador said they were going to customers to demo, I asked how many H&K were getting and he just smiled. I`d love to get a few hours on the H&K grounds to shoot a few hundred pictures.

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

And yes, I have seen Hazleton's RD600, I only wish I could catch it parked to get a pic of it.

Also, any idea why Pikes Creek Site Contractors have a few Kenworths? I remember they were originally red with grey boxes but were painted in the last year or so ago and now say "Pikes Creek Asphalt" on the door. Are these "private" contractors trucks?

I'm not sure how many old early 80's RD's but when he started buying the RW's he never turned back.

Still many RW II's still in service, then yet not many of his Mack's go out of service they become quarry trucks

Someday I will find some pics.

Also, any idea why Pikes Creek Site Contractors have a few Kenworths?

H&K purchased Hunlocks Sand & Gravel. trucks came with it just took some time to get them painted.

Also if you see (sandy beige) color trucks like Bedrock Quarry or Wilkes-Barre Materials they are partnerships.

Take a look at the web site http://www.hkgroup.com/

I knew that H&K did some field tests for Mack. During the factory tours last spring most of the plant was blocked off due to the Titans in the building. The Mack Ambassador said they were going to customers to demo, I asked how many H&K were getting and he just smiled. I`d love to get a few hours on the H&K grounds to shoot a few hundred pictures.

Rich

Next time Art has a show at the farm or just call him good guy he mite be able to help on a tour.

Just for thought H&K was a big help in the CV model testing in 2002.

H&K purchased Hunlocks Sand & Gravel. trucks came with it just took some time to get them painted.

Also if you see (sandy beige) color trucks like Bedrock Quarry or Wilkes-Barre Materials they are partnerships.

Take a look at the web site http://www.hkgroup.com/

Ahh, ok, that makes sense.

I do have pics of a few of the "Wilkes-Barre Materials" trucks, I know there in a partnership with American Asphalt, but I personally believe its only a matter of time before H&K takes them over entirely.

Rich

Next time Art has a show at the farm or just call him good guy he mite be able to help on a tour.

Just for thought H&K was a big help in the CV model testing in 2002.

Thanks Jim, dont they have some kind of show at the end of the summer?

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Thanks Jim, dont they have some kind of show at the end of the summer?

Yes Art and John usally has a show in the fall.

This was a very tuff year for both of us (construction industry)I never asked if there was a show

Yes Art and John usally has a show in the fall.

This was a very tuff year for both of us (construction industry)I never asked if there was a show

I heard that. Everyone is feeling the squeeze..

Member ATHS and ATCA...