237 or 235 HP?

Freightrain

Ok guys-always an education here as to how little I know! My "61X" started life as a 60X and then at some point a 711/Duplex was installed. Then a factory reman 237 (had 10,000 on it when it came out of a wreck). No clue as to what clutch is-assuming Duplex was what was with the 711?

What do I look for to "iD" clutch?- figure better to get an understanding before I have a quick need to replace.

Well went down to barn today and got underneath-inspection plate long gone. Springs are "green". dug out old "Operation and Maintenance Manual" -no print date but id'd as Form No. TS-442. pg 106 single plate Model CL -28 clutch "18 green springs"

Also by the way lists two plates- CL -50 and CL-505

On a two plate clutch there will be when just installed l shape shims or spacers about 1/8" between the clutch cover and flywheel.When the disc wear too much to adjust with the linkage you then loosing each cover bolt and remove the spacers for more adjustment later on.If you find them then it was a two plate but some one may have done removed.A single plat will not use them.

glenn akers

Well the clutch went off to DW on Friday. Should see it back by the end of this week. I got the flywheel ground on Saturday. Turned out nice. I also got all the parts off the front of the 673(balancer, hub, front mount). Had to make my own puller, but it worked well. Just need to get the 237 balancer/hub off so I can install 673 pieces. Need to drill out the holes in the flywheel, get new bolts and maybe next weekend get it all bolted on. Yea. Some things to tidy up on the truck before installing, but getting close.

I have about 6 wks before I need the truck running so I can get the race car loaded and ready for first trip out the end of April. This includes getting the bunk put back together too. Ugh...it's all going to come around too quick, I can see it now.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Funny thing Jim, years ago I made a sign for my office door at work, a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper with a full list of everything I do.........I think the sign on my garage will be 11 x 17.......

I just realized I posted this in the wrong post. Ooops.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"